facebook

new rules

by: fratty

What's everyones thoughts on the new rules placed by IFC? For those who don't know, there is no hard liquor allowed on Fridays and if a member of the greek community goes to the hospital one night, then all pairs for every house must be cancelled the next night. I heard that these rules are only until spring break but still seems pretty strict to me

Posted By: fratty
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Gary   

Expect more of the same of these rules. Next year will be even worse. The dean from Purdue who did nothing short of obliterate the greek community at Purdue will be taking over next year at IU to water down the greek system here even more. The wussification of America is real and these liberal d bags working for the school and involved with IFC will not stop til all fraternities are dry, forbidden from having parties and have house monitors at all times. The change has been drastic this year and the scary part is it is becoming more and more rapid. The school right now trying ferociously to take any fraternity with a less than stellar reputation off campus as they have already put quite a few fraternities on social probation for the blanket allegation of "hazing". They also have plans next year to require every fraternity to blackball their bottom 25% of brothers in each house based on how much of a liability they are and asking the chapter presidents to make the decision. As sad as it is greek life at IU as you know it is over unless the whole community comes together and takes a stand. Quite frankly I am tired of the ethics board, dean of students and IFC thinking they can strip any and every civil liberty I have just because I belong to a greek organization.

By: Gary
by: BSMar 6, 2014 9:04:50 AM

I call bs on the black balling 25% part

By: BS
#2  by: Do something   

Get a meeting with all houses social chairs/couple of the influential cooler kids (not presidents) about what chapters can do to make stands, because as said before Greek Life will be done soon. We should make a stand or at minimum go out with a bang.

By: Do something
#3  by: sad truth   

we're all basically glorified geeds now, and nothings gonna stop it from getting worse

By: sad truth
#4  by: Does   

anyone know where I can find a written list of these new rules? I haven't been able to find them on any school website or any mention of them. Just trying to make sure I know what they actually say

By: Does
by: nopeMar 6, 2014 1:38:52 PM

changes that you are talking about just aren't going to happen, these changes had become the norm at colleges everywhere.

what are you gonna do, hire lawyers and demand that they revoke the hard-liquor/freshman girl/tailgate rules? Yeah right. The very notion of such a thing is horrible publicity for the university and would be snuffed out just like that.

By: nope
#5  by: Kati   

These rules are no longer in place in case anyone didn't know

By: Kati
#6  by: Kati   

These rules are no longer in place in case anyone didn't know

By: Kati

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.