facebook

rush

by: Rush

Hey everyone, I'm currently a freshman from out of state planning on rushing in the spring. However, I've heard that many fraternities require your name to be on a certain list before they even let you rush the house, and I am somewhat short on connections. I know that there is an event at the Union to kick things off, but I've heard the lists they make there are thrown away immediately afterward. So my question is, is it a good idea to get in touch with the fraternities through email before the whole process starts?

Posted By: Rush
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: agree   

The guy above has the right idea. Form connections through fall pledges or current brothers in classes, dorm floor, clubs, etc.

By: agree
#2  by: Maybe   

I wouldn't rule out the email. As long as you word it in such a way that you describe your case and aren't asking for too much, most rush chairs WILL give you the time of day. Top tier is a gamble but it can't hurt to try.

By: Maybe
#3  by: TopTierTimmy   

just go through the rush process and try and be as outgoing and cool as possible. People get into high tier houses with 0 connections. They just have to be cool

By: TopTierTimmy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.