facebook

rush

by: pnm

How many sororities can I rush? Can someone please explain the rush process in more detail.

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hi   

you are required to go to all of the houses, so i suppose that is like "rushing all of them"
basically you go to every house and we sing and we talk to you, and you pick the ones you like every day. by house tours day (they give your a tour of their sorority house) you have narrowed it down to 3 i think, and after that you choose your top 2. you go to your top 2 for pref ceremonies. then you pick your favorite

so basically you have to go to all of the houses, then its a mutual selection. you pick them and hopefully they pick you back. on bid day you go to your sorority house and you're a new member. when you get initiated you're officially a _____ . its not like pledging fraternities, you don't have to do anything to get initiated. you just learn the history of the house and so on. best 4 years of your life!

By: hi
by: PnmAug 3, 2013 4:05:46 PM

Thank you so much! So what if when you narrow it down to 2 your second choice also selects you but your first choice doesn't... Would you still get into your second choice? Do you have any tips for rush, is it all explained through orientation?

By: Pnm
#2  by: hi   

yes you would still get into your second choice!
i dont remember exactly what they talked about at orientation... i remember they give you tips on what to wear. basically it starts out casual and gets fancier each day.

rush is fun at first for you guys, getting to talk to all different types of girls. a tip is to ask them questions because its easy for them to talk about their sorority. we all love the houses we are in now. try to get in some info about yourself too, don't just sit there and listen to the other girl, engage in the conversation.
As the week goes on you may still be on your "rush high" or you can start to hate it. the days are so long and you can lose your voice from talking! please stick with it... it will be so worth it. when you go through rush as a member in a sorority its much better! if you don't feel that magical connection with any sorority, pick one any way and give yourself time to grow and love it. i liked my house at first but as the years went on it grew so much deeper and more amazing.

By: hi
by: pnmAug 4, 2013 2:49:21 PM

Thank you so much for your help! I'm really excited c:

By: pnm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.