facebook

feedback

by: transferring to UofA

So I am transferring to UofA next semester as I am from Phoenix and go to school back east and I am not really happy with my current school. I am a Pike at my school. We are in the top 5 of a school that has 41 fraternities. Huge greek row and greek system overall. I know Pike is at UofA but I am curious as to what they are like and what their reputation is? I know I will have to meet them and all but it would be nice to get a feel for how everyone perceives them? Good, bad or indifferent...?

Posted By: transferring to UofA
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: General   

Generally known as top/ top of the middle tier frat, depending on who you ask.
The gentleman's fraternity. Guys hate them, girls love them.

By: General
#2  by: Joey   

Top 3 house or top 4 house

By: Joey
#3  by: L   

You will love Pike.

By: L
#4  by: A   

Top house hands down

By: A
#5  by: Bro   

Where were you initiated?

By: Bro
#6  by: does it matter?   

Let's just say its an SEC school.

By: does it matter?
by: BroNov 1, 2014 1:02:31 PM

You go to an SEC school and you hate it???? The Greeks at SEC schools are WAY BETTER than Greeks at UA. I would rethink your decision again.

#7  by: groupie   

Obsessed with pike. Other frats hate them because they are a top house! Members are all awesome. My little brother just joined and he loves it :)

By: groupie
#8  by: southerner   

one thing you should be prepared for - the greek system at uofa isn't even close to what it's like in the sec, with their southern traditions and taking greek life so seriously... we don't do all the weird goober fraternity stuff you see there. probably even moreso for sororities.

arizona's pretty cas and people just like to hang out and have a good time but being greek doesn't make or break you like it would at your school. being in a top 3 house is nice, but even the independents here rage and know how to have fun. in a lot of houses here, people go out and do their own thing outside of their fraternity or sorority by junior year.

anyway i have family that went to college at miss state, alabama, and clemson (not sec, i know) and they think our greek system is kind of a joke bc no one takes it too seriously. my sister was in shock when she came to visit. lol.

By: southerner
by: BroNov 1, 2014 1:03:08 PM

I completely agree.

#9  by: I get it   

I fully recognize that southern schools take Greek life seriously. I am here and experience it on a daily basis. At my school it is more an issue of culture. I am not a southerner and that can be a an issue. I don't hate it. I just think UA might be a better fit. My cousin was an sale at ua and loved it.

By: I get it
#10  by: Just the facts ..........   

PIKE gets Sigma Kappas & low end DG's. I have NEVER heard of or seen APhi, Kappa, PiPhi, or GPhi EVER at the end of Cherry. The only thing I've ever heard from the Frats are "PI KAPPA ALMOST". That's the honest truth here:)

By: Just the facts ..........

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.