facebook

rush

by: PNM

I'm thinking about rushing, but curious as to how competitive it is to get a bid for a sorority here?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: .   

If you're open to joining ANY house, then it is very likely you will get a bid. If you're only open to certain houses, then you'll probably be disappointed. Its much more competitive if you're only open to the "good" houses. But if your main goal is to be a part of a sisterhood then you need to be open to joining any house on campus. And if you're open minded like that, you will very likely get a bid.

By: .
#2  by: also   

adding on to what the other person said, it's important to keep in mind that greek rank is only representative of the DIRTY side of greek life. every house has something unique and special about them, no matter what "tier" they are in. UofA has a really really strong greek life, so every house is good and every house provides its members with the opportunity to be a part of something really unique and special.

and that's the truth, don't let this website fool you into thinking that greek life here is nasty and vicious. i have friends in almost every single house and my own, it's a really strong and awesome community to be a part of.

By: also
by: @alsoMay 6, 2014 10:19:50 AM

spot on

By: @also
by: so trueAug 7, 2014 11:13:07 PM

so true

By: so true
#3  by: rushing   

rush at arizona is about as competitive as it gets anywhere cuz there's more than 1600 girls.. many are gorgeous rushing twelve houses which about four or five are not popular at all. the top houses are uber competitive to get accepted in and lots of girls drop out of rush cuz they are upset the houses they like dropped them. rush is not for the weak or timid so just know that. it helps nobody to sugarcoat the challenges of rush.. basically its kinda brutal and stressful for many but not all.. like the "perfect girls" who sail through pretty easily to the house they wanted. if you want a top house better be a perfect girl or you better have an open mind to joining middle and the other houses. sorority-greek life is amazing but rush not so much.

By: rushing
#4  by: agreed   

Look, a lot of people are going to tell you different things, but THIS (plus the above post) is the truth: 1600 girls go through rush, and only 100 girls are in a pledge class, roughly. The girls rushing are of a super high caliber, so you need to be in the top 300 of 1600 girls in order to even get a bid to aphi, pi phi, or gphi. It's extremely competitive. And sorry but what they tell you about the girls being just as nervous as you are is a lie, so you need to go in there and just be the best you can be, keep an open mind, and realize that it is more likely than not that rush won't end up how you want it to. Rush is cutthroat, sorry. Deal with it, get through it, and you'll be happy wherever you end up.

By: agreed
by: YesAug 1, 2014 12:57:49 PM

So spot on. But don't try TOO hard to act like a top 300 girl or the 3 top houses will know. Just be yourself and trust that you will end up where you are supposed to.

By: Yes
by: agreedAug 1, 2014 1:45:21 PM

YES, that's so true, too. Don't try to act better than you are cause the girls can see through that and will know your fake. And sorry but when people tell you that the sorority girls are just as nervous as you are; they're not.

By: agreed
#5  by: mm   

Rush sucks. It sucks. But I would never have dropped out because I really wanted to be in a sorority. I did get into a house that I'm really happy in, but I was dropped by two top houses that I loved and that was super hard to deal with. Even the perfect 10 girls don't always have a perfect rush and will get dropped by top houses for different reasons. It is a tough week but I love love LOVE my house and I would do it again no question.

By: mm
#6  by: Yep!!   

Your grades are most important because a lot of houses do auto cuts based off of grades. Then comes looks and personality. It's hardest to get into Pi Phi Gphi and Aphi because they are three houses with the highest return rates and they compete with each other for the best girls. Then comes the next kappa, dg and sk which get the other three's leftovers. Then the rest of the houses get the rest of the girls. Rush is a crazy thing and you really do end up where you are supposed to be. Yes it's a tad superficial but you will find beautiful gorgeous girls in "bottom" houses because they chose to be there or they were dropped from top houses. Just go in and give every single house a chance because they are all good. Better to be greek than a GDI! Just be cute and engaging in the conversations. Even though your shy and scared try your best to give the active something to work with when talking to you

By: Yep!!
#7  by: hey!   

Nothing in life that's worth your time, energy and emotional investment comes easy. Rush is not easy but SO WORTH IT!

By: hey!
#8  by: ha   

Its out of control

By: ha
#9  by: Sorry   

the truth is every house has a wide variety of girls. Greek rank is highly manipulative and there are some that are masters of manipulation. After you are in, you will see that it each house is basically the same - just older versions og high school girls.

By: Sorry
#10  by: So   

Now you know the answer to your question. Rush was sooooo cccccrazie competitive and the top three houses are only taking a total of 300 girls out of 1400. Hope you went through the week with an open mind.

By: So

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.