facebook

cyberharassment

by: Libel

Please keep in mind that you are not anonymous online. This is a notice of discovery to those who feel invincible by using “an electronic or digital device to terrify, intimidate, threaten, harass, annoy or offend”. There are new cyberharassment laws in Arizona. Cyber harassment is a Class 1 misdemeanor with a penalty up to 6 months in jail and up to a $2,500 fine. And that’s just the criminal side. You may also be sued for damages in civil court.
Cyberharassment might also fall under the university’s student code of conduct and anti-hazing policies. Use of the university’s network services, including wifi, to perpetrate cyberharassment could possibly lead to suspension or even expulsion. Student organizations, as well as their members, may also be held collectively and/or individually responsible.
Another ramification to consider is that employers may not hire someone who has a history of cyberharassment.
So what’s the take home lesson?
If you are mad at someone or want to give them a hard time, think twice before you begin your course of action. It may not take much to cross the line into cyberharasment.

Posted By: Libel
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Important   

Don't be foolish!

By: Important
#2  by: Important   

Don't be foolsih!

By: Important
#3  by: Better take Heed   

Be positive or you might not only bring yourself down but your house; especially, those using initials in their posts.

Best advice: if you can't saything nice and positive don't say anything and in the case of GR, stay away from the computer.

Keep UA Greeks strong so we don't become an ASU.

By: Better take Heed
#4  by: lol   

the internet isn't localized to the state of arizona. lmao.

By: lol
#5  by: Truly   

Good advice,

By: Truly
#6  by: um   

watch

By: um
#7  by: TC   

This applies to you- shame on you for atacking a sister

By: TC
#8  by: sorry   

I have posted mean things in the past about houses. Honestly I am ashamed now. We seriously have such an amazing greek system and there is no reason to tear down other houses. I think everyone should just get off this website. I hate that I got caught up in the bashing but I am done now. Good luck to EVERY house and every pnm going through recruitment!

By: sorry

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.