facebook

top tier

by: stud

what are the top fraternities nationally?

Posted By: stud
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Top few tiers    

national tiers more of less, no specific order in tiers
SAE, SX, Kappa Sig
Fiji, Sigma Nu, KA, Sig Ep, Pi Kapp, Pike
Phi Delt, ATO, Lambda Chi, DKE
DTD, Delta Chi, Theta Chi, Sigma Pi, ZBT
About 50 others, not sure how they'd be ranked

By: Top few tiers
by: You left outDec 31, 2012 8:26:43 PM

DU- lots of rich alums
BETA-more rich alums, nike
TKE-tons of chapters,lots of bad ones though, and ronald reagan anyone?
PHI PSI- ton of famous policitians and athletes

By: You left out
by: SorryDec 31, 2012 9:08:38 PM

I actually meant to have Beta in 3 and Phi Psi in 4, DU I considered, and I'd throw them in 4, I'll make a fifth tier
TKE, Zete, ADPhi, Delta Sig, Theta Xi, Chi Phi, Chi Psi

By: Sorry
by: SorryDec 31, 2012 9:09:57 PM

I might put AEPi in 5 also.

By: Sorry
by: @....Jan 2, 2013 12:54:43 PM

Shouldn't you be trolling TFM buddy?

By: @....
by: ^^^Jan 3, 2013 8:01:14 PM

Fiji and Pi Kapp are present and good to great on almost every SEC campus just for starters...

By: ^^^
#2  by: Annotated   

Here's the tiers with those annotations. No order in tiers.
SAE, SX, Kappa Sig
Fiji, Sigma Nu, KA, Sig Ep, Pi Kapp, Pike
Phi Delt, ATO, Lambda Chi, Beta, DKE
DTD, DX, Theta Chi, Sigma Pi, ZBT
TKE, Zete, ADPhi, AEPi, Delta Sig, Theta Xi, Chi Phi, Chi Psi

By: Annotated
by: AnnotatedDec 31, 2012 9:54:51 PM

4. DTD, DU, DX, Theta Chi, Sigma Pi, ZBT, Phi Psi.
Got distracted before I finished it.

By: Annotated
#3  by: as much   

as it pains me, absolutely pains me to say anything good about TKE.. their national chapter is very good. Sigma Chi SAE FIJI and PIKE all have strong national chapters as well. Credit to Sigma Chi and Pike, for most of their chapters at other schools are very highly respected. Kappa Sig and Sig Nu as well.

By: as much
by: TKEDec 31, 2012 10:49:33 PM

Is everywhere, but they're weak at most schools and Pike is big but has a somewhat mixed reputation nationally, the tiers above are pretty damned accurate for the most part.

By: TKE
#4  by: Real talk   

Sae and sigma chi are on their own level. Kappa sig has no solid west coast chapters

By: Real talk
by: PossiblyJan 1, 2013 12:49:50 PM

Kappa Sig has more chapters than TKE now though, and unlike TKE a good percentage are strong.

By: Possibly
by: This is sadJan 5, 2013 6:20:51 AM

KS is top house at Boulder. They're low top - high middle at most CA schools. But, UCB is the only place where I can think of that they're the undisputed top.

By: This is sad
by: Kappa SigJan 5, 2013 12:02:33 PM

Is top tier at the University of Texas and LSU for sure, and I think a good number of Southern and maybe Northeastern schools. Not that good in the West and West Coast true.

By: Kappa Sig
by: Kappa SigJan 5, 2013 12:05:13 PM

They're actually lower tier at more California schools from what I've heard though. They're great in other parts of the country but not so much the Western US.

By: Kappa Sig
#5  by: business wise   

www.forbes.com/2003/01/31/cx_dd_0131frat.html

By: business wise
by: HmmJan 3, 2013 11:09:12 AM

Good for you, beta. Good for you. Very strong alumni network. And yes, this is not a beta saying this. Believe it or not I'm actually a ZBT from UCLA

By: Hmm
by: Pretty sureJan 3, 2013 11:56:25 AM

that they messed up a lot of the non-profit numbers cause a lot are zero, and it casts doubt on the others (it wouldn't be surprising if they screwed up given their sorority list was based on Twitter followers and Facebook likes), and there are something like 4 or 5 multicultural fraternities on their while Kappa Sig and Phi Delt couldn't be considered because they aren't in the NiC anymore.

By: Pretty sure
#6  by: more   

www.eduinreview.com/blog/2009/04/top-10-college-fraternities /

By: more
by: ThisJan 3, 2013 3:12:37 AM

one needs updating, it was based on size, and Phi Psi is number 20 or so size wise, so that needs to be fixed, the other has multicultural and ag fraternities in the top 10, and a lot of the philanthropy numbers and other criteria are really off.

By: This
#7  by: Real talk   

I have been to 30 or so colleges around the country and this seems to be the consensus: 1. Sigma chi 2. Sae. 3. Fiji. Though I am not in one of the aforementioned fraternities, this seems to be the consensus around the country

By: Real talk
by: ThereJan 3, 2013 2:44:48 PM

is no clear-cut number 3. Sigma Chi and SAE are in their own league, and there are a lot of good ones right below them, but even if there was a 3 I don't think it would be Fiji.

By: There
by: GuyJan 3, 2013 2:51:17 PM

I've looked at Greek life nationally quite a bit and the tiers that got posted above were relatively accurate, a few adjustments could be made, but overall it's a relatively accurate list.

By: Guy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.