facebook

what makes a greek organization ranked high?

by: realistically

everyone already knows that this site is full of bashes and self rankers, and that the real "rankings" are with respect to what the general consensus of what people think about them. Sadly, it generally leads to who has the hottest members, or who "throws down" the hardest. My question is, what makes a house "top" or "ranked" well in general?
In my opinion, what makes a house have the status of "top house" (in no order) are:

philanthropy with respect to how much it actually benefits the community
academics
connections
hotness
social life
respectfulness
brotherhood/sisterhood
diversity
strength of the e-board
how involved their members are on campus
the quality of education their pledges receive
quality of housing
the status of the house with respect to the UAPD
the strength of the national chapter

the worst reason to go greek is to party. of course it is a perk, but it's people like that who draw a stereotypical lens into the UA. We went greek because we're leaders, and every single one of us are proud of it no matter which fraternity or sorority we belong to.

Posted By: realistically
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: You   

You're in Theta Chi.

By: You
by: ???Dec 10, 2012 11:51:13 AM

As a Theta Chi, i know thats supposed to be an insult but i somehow feel complimented lol

By: ???
#2  by: That's a   

Whacked out order of priorities.

By: That's a
by: @That's aDec 10, 2012 12:51:35 AM

that's why I said that there is no order.

By: @That's a
#3  by: This guy   

Should really be involved with the IFC. You should contact someone in it because you view greek life as it should be.

By: This guy
#4  by: ...   

This is what the CAT is for.

By: ...
#5  by: You seem confused?   

Are you in theta chi or kappa sig? you dont have to hide the truth......we all know ur a geed from this post

By: You seem confused?
#6  by: ?   

There's nothing about this post that makes him a geed. If anything he views Greek life at Arizona in a wholesome way, not whoever parties the most. If you're even greek you would know that talking about partying during rush is discouraged for the exact reason that you shouldn't join just to party. Get your shhit together.

By: ?
by: YeahDec 13, 2012 1:03:40 AM

If you're rushing a sorority maybe.

By: Yeah
#7  by: This guy   

okay I see it like this. I see where you're coming from, meaning that the best reason to join a fraternity is for connections and such, and that contributing to the stereotype of just joining to party all the time gives a negative view to the rest of the community (who majorly are non-greeks), and in the long run can possibly down play our value in the job market (especially without said connections) because employers do in fact stereotype.

but, if you are indeed in an IFC fraternity (which I'm assuming you are, from your knowledge of greek life) you still have to understand that partying is definitely a benefit to greek men, because GDI's truly do have a difficult time at this university being included in parties that aren't filled with guys.

kudos to you though for speaking out.

By: This guy
by: YupDec 26, 2012 11:27:26 PM

agree

By: Yup
by: YeahDec 27, 2012 3:57:37 AM

Definitely glad we have people like the original poster in the greek community. But to the post that this is replying to, you still have to acknowledge that all (..most) of us know why we're here at school, and it's to receive an education to enhance our earning potential in the future. We can all agree on that. But To fill in the holes, a GDI does have trouble finding a party that lives up to the standards of frat parties. And I think that's a slightly valid reason to go greek. But don't get me wrong, I definitely agree that the greek community should not be viewed as a culture where all we do is party, because its so, so, so much more than that.

But don't say we don't rage. Because we do.

By: Yeah
#8  by: honestly   

we really need more people like the original poster in greek life. Thank you for breaking the stereotype.

By: honestly
#9  by: ...   

Why didn't we bid more guys like you. honestly.

By: ...
by: @...Dec 21, 2012 2:14:11 PM

You probably did, Theta Chi gives bid to everyone

By: @...
#10  by: Yup   

This is good.

By: Yup
by: WhatiJan 3, 2013 11:51:03 AM

is?

By: Whati

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.