facebook

connections

by: pnm

is it true that being a Mystic, Waldemar, Heart of the Hills, or Camp Longhorn girl you are a shoe-in for top tier? If it didn't go to one of the best camps am I at a disadvantage during rush?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: ex-Waldemar camper   

Yes, Virginia -- there is even a ranking of camps -- purely in how much competition for spots there is, as well as traditions. Not going to get into argument about which is "best." Ranking generally considered to be
1) Waldemar -- 2) Mystic -- 3) Heart of the Hills. No way does HotH rank with Waldemar or Mystic -- and i've had relatives that went to both. Longhorn and Balcones Springs are in their own category, being co-ed, and a little like being in a co-ed fraternity with BIG emphasis on water sports. (No joke intended.).

By: ex-Waldemar camper
by: UhhApr 10, 2015 3:05:59 PM

Not sure how Longhorn being coed somehow demotes it's status. It's probably the most exclusive with a waiting list that could last a few years and an interview process with a director. It was good enough for both George W. Bush and his daughters, and it's a big feeder for Greek life across the state and beyond.

By: Uhh
#2  by: Are most    

girls from these camp in PKT?

By: Are most
by: YesMar 30, 2015 9:39:19 AM

They are.

By: Yes
by: ??Apr 11, 2015 9:34:44 AM

What is PKT?

By: ??
#3  by: Camp Longhorn   

What do they pledge?

By: Camp Longhorn
by: ...Mar 30, 2015 12:45:30 PM

I know several girls from CLH in Theta, Kappa, and Pi Phi... a lot of thetas though

By: ...
by: CLH is Mar 31, 2015 11:57:43 AM

Heavy on Theta and Fiji especially. A lot of the people who run it were in those houses.

By: CLH is
#4  by: humMMMM....^^^^^   

all of them

By: humMMMM....^^^^^
#5  by: Most   

Of those girls know people who are already in PKT

By: Most
#6  by: wow^^^^^   

I want to go to camp. LOL

By: wow^^^^^
#7  by: Well...   

I would for sure say that attending any of these camps puts you above other girls. Rush is all about connections and who you know and mystic, waldemar, hoth, and CLH are essentially giant networks of alumnae and actives

By: Well...
by: Yes but ....Apr 3, 2015 10:50:40 AM

you may have gone to camp with us but we actually have to like you. If you're that annoying or otherwise unlikeable girl, then those connections can actually work against you because we know we don't want to deal with you.

By: Yes but ....
#8  by: honestly   

anyone who says that heart of the hills is better than camp longhorn is delusional. CLH was obviously good enough for the Bush twins and Hilary Duff among others...

By: honestly
by: Texas campsAug 14, 2015 5:20:05 PM

Agreed. Longhorn has a different personality than Waldemar or Mystic, but all 3 are well-run and have waiting lists. HOH charges only about $600 less, but at least a few years ago a girl could get in the year she applied, and end-of-camp was a clu---f--k, compared to W, M or CLH.

By: Texas camps
by: ObjectiveAug 14, 2015 5:23:06 PM

Being owned by the Ragsdales and connected to Stewart has helped HOTHills

By: Objective
#9  by: .   

bump

By: .
#10  by: Hunt Texas    

All of the girls camps, in Hunt help in Texas rush.

By: Hunt Texas

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.