facebook

fraternities

by: h

Who has the longest pledge process? do any still go on after 1st semester

Posted By: h
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Well   

Lambda Chi and (maybe) SAE now have the most nonexistent.

By: Well
by: ^Jul 21, 2014 11:02:22 PM

Yeah except this SAE chapter already got a lot easier after their 2006 'incident'. I suspect that they won't have as much leeway as you think.

By: ^
by: ThisJul 22, 2014 2:21:26 PM

SAE chapter was able to escape that when every other chapter would have been shut down. Why? Alumni power and traditions. They're still going to have pledges, they're still going to haze them. As long as things don't get out of hand, then they'll be fine.

By: This
by: ^Jul 23, 2014 5:55:29 PM

SAE already toned their pledgeship way down since then. I have had actives tell me point blank that they got of very easily by comparison. SAE was one of the hardest hazing chapters left at UT when that happened, and since then they have been on thinner ice. They have a lot of support, but they definitely had some limits.

by: SICOct 2, 2014 12:15:58 AM

Yeah as an SAE from the 2001 pledge class, it's been toned down so much. So many of the hard earned traditions don't occur anymore. It was a point of pride to make it through a pledgeship that began Aug 28 and ended Feb15. With all the fun stuff you can imagine, the worst part of my pledgeship was not having a frat house yet, so many of our more intense, weekly tradition nights were held out at ranches an hour outside of campus, and since we all had to drive so the actives could drink, we all and to be sober for the festivities, and my god how nice it would've been to pound some liquor before hand to numb some pain and anxiety. Each week got worse, and I won't go into details, it's sad though that even though you may not want to experience something like that; when it was over I still look back on it fondly to this day. It really did test your resilience and pain tolerance, as well as your ability to make grades your first semester on practically no sleep for the 7 months. The Jungle build was unlike any hell week imaginable. But you built up to it and got prepared with each party build and clean up leading to the big party, plus after tradition nights as well, you had developed a toughness you never thought you had. Having said this...I would never do it again, it was the most fun worst time I ever had in my life.

By: SIC
by: Who CARES!Oct 8, 2014 5:27:31 PM

who cares

By: Who CARES!
by: Who CARES!Oct 8, 2014 5:27:59 PM

who cares

By: Who CARES!
#2  by: ^   

yeah truth. lambda chi is irrelevant. all other fraternities that matter aside from delt end sometime during or by the end of the first semester

#3  by: Delt   

Yeah, Delt is probably longest.

By: Delt
#4  by: Delt^   

Delt is the longest but not even close to the hardest

By: Delt^
by: OhJul 23, 2014 12:01:23 AM

Whose craziest?

By: Oh
#5  by: ^   

ato and fiji both seem to have a reputation for being difficult...

#6  by: HA   

I don't think cleaning a toilet is difficult FiJi

By: HA
#7  by: Worst   

Figi, ATO, KA if you have the guts

By: Worst
#8  by: ^^^^   

That is why those are Top Tier. Only the best can withstand!!!

By: ^^^^

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.