facebook

kappa sig

by: Hook Em

I understand that Kappa Sig is definitely on the rise, and is one of the top 3 or 4 houses at UT now. But why is it that people put them up there with FIJI and SAE, when in reality, they are still not at the point where someone would turn down an SAE or FIJI bid to pledge KSig? Not to bash KSig at all, they have a great chapter here, but at least from my high school, it seems like the ones who end up in KSig are kids who got cut from SAE and FIJI pretty early on, and had to take step down if you will. Do y'all agree with this?

Posted By: Hook Em
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Person   

I would say Texas is a pretty set top two (for now), unlike some other schools. Also they share the same rushees. Other fraternities elsewhere have rush events the same time and drop kids more easily if they rush rival fraternities to increase their bid acceptance ratio.

By: Person
#2  by: I dunno   

The Kappa Sigs come from the same schools, generally treat girls better than the other top houses from what I can tell, have a similar amount of member wealth and alumni pull, have more history at UT than anyone except Fiji and Phi Delt, and seem at least as cool if not cooler than the SAE's and Fiji's overall. Probably the only thing holding them back is the fact that they were gone for a few years along with the other 80s top tier house ATO, which let houses like SAE and Sig Ep rise to the top.

By: I dunno
by: ^Oct 30, 2013 7:02:58 PM

Not true. If they are "cooler" than the FIJIs and SAE's, then why is it that the only kids from feeder high schools (HP, Memorial, AHHS, Kinkaid, etc) that pledge KSig are either legacies or kids who didn't get bids from the top two? I know several kids who got dropped early from SAE, and then decided to rush and pledge KSig. They are still basically the leftovers from Fiji and SAE, although they still are wealthy, well connected young men.

By: ^
by: I for oneOct 30, 2013 9:39:37 PM

Well, I know several who chose Kappa Sig over the other two because they thought they were a friendlier fraternity.

By: I for one
#3  by: Stupid   

^^yall are dumb. They are a great chapter, but very few kids actually pledge Kappa Sig over SAE and FIJI. People try to defend them by saying that they are the "nicer, friendlier guys of the top tier." This might be true in the sense that they're still very wealthy and are from the right high schools, but there's a reason that they got dropped from SAE FIJI. They are normally the milder, less cool guys from the right areas. Y'all can say what you want but FIJI and SAE are unrivaled at the top.

By: Stupid
#4  by: Well   

They get bet much better grades than Fiji and SAE (as do Sig Ep), treat women better, and in general seem to be taller and better looking guys.

By: Well
#5  by: not totally sure   

I think Kappa Sig will definitely get a boost from their new house. Things could swing their way if they get a group of memorial or DJ kids to go them instead of SAE/Fiji/sig ep. It will take a really good rush, but I think it's possible.

By: not totally sure
by: YeahApr 24, 2014 1:47:13 PM

Yeah but the way it works at UT and the way it's been for years is that the top kids from the feeder high schools pledge the fraternity that the grade above them pledged. That is why you see almost all the HP kids going SAE, all the Alamo Heights guys going FIJI, Westlake going SigEp, etc. It will take a long, long time for Kappa Sig to start getting the top guys from Memorial, HP, Alamo heights, Austin high, and the old line private schools.

By: Yeah
#6  by: girls perspective    

I feel Kappa Sig has gotten better overall guys than Sig Ep the past couple years. While Sig Ep is still more established and has more known parties, that's because Kappa Sig just got off probation like 5 years ago. I think this years rush will be really big, especially with Ksig getting a new house.

By: girls perspective
by: RoomieApr 25, 2014 2:47:36 PM

I love the Kappa Sigs. Cute and nice.

By: Roomie
#7  by: i know   

I know some guys who saw the dues at Fiji and decided to rush KSig/SigEp instead. There's a ridiculous factor in paying more for fraternity dues a semester than actual college classes.

By: i know
by: WrongApr 27, 2014 11:10:41 AM

Actually not much difference in dues of any of those four.

By: Wrong
by: HahaApr 27, 2014 11:54:33 AM

Since when are you ever shown or told the dues during rush? Good try

By: Haha
by: saeApr 27, 2014 2:43:48 PM

ksigs dues are 5k, fiji is 6k. there's practically no difference in dues. kappa sig has a long tradition at UT, much longer than sigep. If anything they have the old-money mentality working in their favor. let's face it, they aren't on sea/fijis level but could join them if they keep getting more cool rich kids in each class. sig ep is also top, but they tend to get a different breed of guy. nothing wrong with that but they seem to have their own draft of guys when it comes to new pledge classes.

By: sae
by: IApr 27, 2014 9:19:57 PM

Saw Kappa Sigs at a Sip Ep party the same time they had what was supposed to be their biggest party of the year.They dont really compete in rush, because they take SAEs leftovers in rush. In my opinion Sigma Chi is almost as good and has better parties.

By: I
by: duesMay 5, 2014 9:16:32 PM

FIJI dues are not 6k...

By: dues
#8  by: HA HA   

$1000 who cares

By: HA HA
#9  by: Ksig House   

I am a current senior and they were saying the house would be ready by my junior year. The house will not be there till 4-5 years from now and by that time SAE and SigEp will have made improvements, it's the way it works at UT

By: Ksig House
#10  by: TBH    

gagrag

By: TBH

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.