facebook

legacy

by: Sophomore

i know as a sophomore its hard to get into a sorority, but if I'm a legacy does that help? I'm a transfer student.

Posted By: Sophomore
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: k   

Lots of girls who are sophomores rush. Just try it- you will be fine. Being a legacy or having letters of recommendation don't really matter as much here like it does at other schools. If you haven't rushed before you will be fine.

By: k
#2  by: honestly   

If you're attractive and you click with the girls, you'll be fine

By: honestly
by: nervousAug 4, 2014 10:17:03 PM

will the girls in a house look down upon me if i'm a sophomore? like, will it be hard to have a good conversation with them just because i decided not to rush last year?

By: nervous
by: just stopAug 5, 2014 8:20:44 AM

stop worrying and just RUSH and see what happens, there is no use worrying about things you can't control, either rush and see what happens, or don't rush and wonder what would have happened. that is all.

By: just stop
#3  by: Stop   

Even though they put on a facade of exclusivity, every sorority here needs your money. They're all -- even the top tier -- desperate for legs.

By: Stop
#4  by: Transfer   

Being a transfer you have a better chance than a sophomore who went to Umich freshman year. When they ask you make sure to mention that you are a transfer and not just a sophomore. Its not that big of a deal, some sophomores even get bids from top tiers. Being honest about why you didn't rush at your pervious school and why you want to now is a good idea.

By: Transfer
by: curiousAug 7, 2014 6:04:21 AM

so as a sophomore who went to umich freshman year will i have a very small chance to get into a top house? especially if i don't really know many girls in those houses?

By: curious
by: RushedAsASophAug 7, 2014 7:13:28 AM

@curious just be yourself (seriously don't try to act like someone your'e not we see right through that) and if they like you you'll get a bid, its not about the house's reputation/tier, its about you finding a house that you'll click with.

By: RushedAsASoph
by: curiousAug 8, 2014 10:02:21 PM

@RushedAsASoph do sororities really stalk girls' instagrams and twitters and try to find out if they'll fit in or not? and is it weird that your pledge class is all girls younger than you?

By: curious

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.