facebook

middle tier winter rush

by: propective greek

How is winter rush at Phi Delt and/or Delta Chi? How competitive is it, how big are the winter pledge classes? What is a good middle tier to rush in winter?

Posted By: propective greek
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: um   

last year like 280 kids or so accepted their bids in winter

By: um
#2  by: To Prospective Geek   

Irrelevant at those two. Winter classes are typically about a third of normal PCs, more competative then fall because fraternities have their base and just want cool kids to complement the fraternity - they dont need guys. For a solid middle tier, do Chi Phi or Chi Psi

By: To Prospective Geek
#3  by: propective greek   

so phi delt and delta chi don't give out any bids in the winter?

By: propective greek
by: phi delt/dchiOct 4, 2013 6:06:58 PM

They do. The other posters are just implying that Phi Delt and DChi aren't middle tier.

By: phi delt/dchi
#4  by: Mas   

Rush Sigep for a solid middle tier, phi delt/delta chi are lower tier

By: Mas
by: noOct 5, 2013 12:16:46 PM

yes, sig ep is middle tier. no one wants to be in sig ep once they are familiar with greek life tho. most disrespected (rightfully) house on campus.

By: no
by: nonoOct 20, 2013 10:01:47 AM

sigep isnt disrespected! they have really fun guys I think! and theyre actually nice and i think many other sorority girls would agree!

By: nono
#5  by: propective greek   

did not want to start a feud. but is the ratio comparable in the winter to the fall in terms of rushees to bids given out by fraternities. (specifically middle tier)?

by: WinterOct 5, 2013 11:46:02 PM

So my recommendation is to start making those connections over this semester

By: Winter
#6  by: Winter   

Less people do winter rush but by then many people are well-connected with the brothers so it's still competitive. Also, the pledge classes are a lot smaller. I do know people who rushed middle-tiers 1st semester and didn't get bids but then made connections at top-tier places like Pike and Fiji and got bids there.

By: Winter
#7  by: propective greek   

thanks for advice

#8  by: Greek   

My advice to you man is that after all, winter rush is still rush. Fraternities still have rush events second semester- go out and get to know some of the brothers, and decide from there. Phi Delt and Delta Chi are both good chapters- please don't let a website like greekrank.com or the douchebags that are on it get to your head- make the decision yourself. Good luck bud

By: Greek
#9  by: propective greek   

thanks. I am obviously not tier 1 material or I would have rushed fall more seriously and gotten a bid somewhere. (I wasted time at a couple upper tiers, and didn't consistency go to any house) Im content with the midde/bottom middle. any specific good houses to rush winter and have a good chance of getting a bid?

#10  by: umich   

DU had like 15 or so winter pledges. But yea make some connections this semester

By: umich

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.