facebook

list of what sororities mix with which frats?

by: hmmm

AXO, DG, chi o, aePhi, Phi Sig Sig, sdt, axid, phi mu

Posted By: hmmm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: hm   

Don't know about the rest, but AXO, DG, and XO tend to mix with around the same frats. AXO mixes a lot with DX and AEPi. XO is very much attached to PSK, and I've seen a lot of DGs at Sig Chi parties, but all 3 tend to mix with Pike, DX, AEPi, and PSK generally. Also, PSS mixes a lot with Sig Chi.

By: hm
#2  by: i heard   

phi mu mixes with alpha sig, sig ep, beta, and Delt and sig chi occasionally. I know for a fact they don't mix with aepi or Sammy. phi sig also mixes with alpha sig, sig ep and delt. neither of them mixes with lambda chi.

like "hm", i dont know about the others

By: i heard
by: ?Jun 20, 2015 9:27:15 PM

are there specific reasons that they don't mix with certain frats? the ones you mentioned above but also like in general? or is it just like top mixes with top and middle mixes with middle?

By: ?
by: dependsJun 20, 2015 10:46:38 PM

It depends on a bunch of things, but usually, it's because there's some drama between the two organizations, or just because one feels like they're "above" a certain fraternity/sorority.

Like, Phi Mu and Delt used to have drama, so they didn't mix at all for like three years, but I think (correct me if I'm wrong, Phi Mus) that they started mixing again this year? And then in the case of Phi Mu and Phi Sig and Lambda Chi, it's a tier thing. Phi Mu and Phi Sig mostly mix with upper-mid fraternities, so they wouldn't really need to spend time with a fraternity like Lambda Chi.

By: depends
by: oh andJun 20, 2015 10:51:27 PM

Also, sororities social calendars are heavily influenced by who's dating who and who the sweethearts were. So, like, a bunch of Chi Os were dating Pike brothers last year. That means they mixed a lot more with them. Or, Alpha Sig had a Phi Mu sweetheart. Same deal.

There's really not a huge amount of "X won't mix with Y, no matter what" or "X only mixes with Y." As long as fraternities are throwing down free alcohol and rides, the sororities are willing to have at least one mixer with most of the fraternities. But, when it comes to who they're hanging out with regularly and often, everyone pretty much stays within their own tiers.

By: oh and
#3  by: yup   

all of the above is correct. its influenced by who's dating who, who's friends with who. usual stuff. the only people who really care about tiers are the new pledges (in both frats and sororities) and people about to rush. that all should fade after a year in the organization because you're having too much fun to care anymore.

By: yup

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.