facebook

what are the real sorority rankings here?

by: Haylie

What are the real sorority rankings here? Top tier? Mid Tier? Bottom Tier?

Posted By: Haylie
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: lol   

Phi Mu is no where near PSS. There are too few sororities for a tier system. Basically, there are 4 sororities that are socially acceptable to be a part of- XO, AXO, DG, PSS. The order changes based on preference because each organization has strong and weak points. Then there is AEPhi, which holds a neutral connotation. Phi Mu and SDT are the sororities that everyone tries to drop on the first day, because no one wants to be associated with them.

By: lol
by: .....Oct 4, 2013 2:16:27 PM

dg axo xo.......nothing else

By: .....
by: realOct 9, 2013 9:58:16 PM

au tier system.....even though it's a joke

top.............dg, axo, xo

top - middle.............pss

bottom - middle............aephi, phi mu

bottom.............sdt

By: real
#2  by: SophomoreBoy   

As a guy who mixes with the "core four", Id have to say that you should avoid all of them if you have a semblance of dignity. Sororities are the stupidest thing at AU. They act nothing like sororities do elsewhere and literally do nothing. They dont have a hard pledge process, they don't pay for anything, they don't have any parties on their own..it seems all they do it bicker amongst themselves for who is the coolest when they all kind of suck to be honest.

By: SophomoreBoy
by: HeyaApr 27, 2013 4:26:54 PM

What do sororities elsewhere do? Charge their sisters too much for friends? Haze them into unhealthy relationships? Host parties for their godly frat bros?

I think AU's sororities are doing a fine job at existing for sisterhood.

By: Heya
by: WowJan 17, 2014 11:40:57 PM

You're definitely a GDI, because clearly you have NO idea what a sorority is all about (in other schools). Every campus's Greek Life is different. Sororities spend a good portion of their time focusing on their philanthropy (that means a charity organization) to raise money to donate to them, and also spend time volunteering to give back to their community. They have required study hours (horrible hazing I knowwww), volunteer hours, sisterhood hours, all of which they will be put on probation for not completing during the semester. If their grades slip due to too much partying, or other reasons, they will have a standards meeting and social probation (aka no partying). A LOT of the money they pay goes towards having a great home away from home, meals at the house, cute t-shirts, and regulated social events.

I am sorry for the lengthy text, but I cannot effing stand stupid ignorant people like yourself, who either talk down about greek life because a) your too afraid of being rejected to even give it a chance b) tried the recruitment process and didn't get the house you wanted, therefore being bitter towards Greeks for the rest of your life c) so closed minded that you only believe what people tell you or the stereotypes you hear. Go look up all of the amazing, powerful, smart people (like many of our presidents and political figures) and go cry yourself to sleep for being such an ass!

By: Wow
#3  by: honestly   

The top tier (in no order) is definitely dg, xo, and axo. They're all known as the sororities with the most attractive girls but each have some things that set them apart. For example, DG is known as having the classy attractive girls, while xo is known as having the party-hard attractive girls and axo.. they're just attractive.
Second tier would have to be phi sig sig, aephi, and phi mu (again in no particular order)
Last Tier: SDT. It's sad to say this but it is simply the least popular sorority on campus but they have nice girls!

By: honestly
#4  by: the truth   

heres the truth
axo-best, hottest, also hardest to get a bid for
xo-bad pledge class 12 some not so classy girls
dg-only take extremely smart girls but very snobby boring
the rest are not worth mentioning
sdt and phi mu everyone tries to drop on day 1

By: the truth
#5  by: I think   

There's not tier system at AU. As of this year, these are the ones you want to be in: XO, DG, PSS, PM, AXO (not in any order). These five each possess a top tier quality, and some possess more than one top tier quality.

By: I think
by: So true!Sep 14, 2012 11:30:17 AM

This is such a positive comment! I totally agree-each of those chapters has something really positive and unique about it. Although I would add that perhaps AEPhi is working its way up to being on that list as well! :)

By: So true!
#6  by: Yes....   

AXO, XO, DG...that's it. Even DG is a stretch, most girls go crazy over AXO and XO.

By: Yes....
#7  by: Tired of catty lies   

I know you are just trying to see what the sororities are like, but honestly it is better off to meet the sisters in person and ask them what they like about their own sorority and why they joined, let them know that you are just trying to feel out where you belong. DO NOT tell a girl that you are going to join a certain sorority. It reflects badly on you and it makes that sister uncomfortable whether or not it is their sorority or someone else's. They may also tell a friend in another sorority (yes we are friends with each other) and that could hurt your chances elsewhere. They are NOT allowed to promise you a bid or tell you your chances, so PLEASE DON'T ASK. However, any girl would love to let you know about greek life in general and give you tips as to how you should comport yourself during rush and what the important things are to ask each sisterhood. JUST BECAUSE ONE IS RANKED HIGH DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL ENJOY IT OR FEEL A PART OF THAT SISTERHOOD.

By: Tired of catty lies
by: agreedSep 26, 2012 7:20:39 PM

I totally agree with what you said. If prospectives are going off what they hear on this site and not from meeting actual sisters, best of luck to them when they go through spring recruitment. I wish there were more level-headed girls like you posting on this site.

By: agreed
by: tired of cattySep 27, 2012 2:38:51 PM

Thanks for agreeing, I think that the best way right now to inform PNMs is to reach out to them in person and talk about what why we love being in Greek life. I think it's important to start cleaning this site up and spreading the positive attributes of each sorority so that girls can identify who they think they might like or fit in with. It's also more helpful to give advice to them on the do's and don'ts when asking or talking about sororities and greek life. Greek's are constantly perpetuated as bad stereotypes because of sites like this, its up to us to clean up our image and show that we are in fact great organizations. Every sister should go back and look at their sorority's mission statement and Statement of Obligation to remember what is important.

By: tired of catty
by: Also agreedApr 27, 2013 4:29:11 PM

Most rational comment on this entire site. Yay!

By: Also agreed
#8  by: ..   

"the truth" is obviously in axo... best, hottest, hardest to get a bid for? RIGHT.

By: ..
by: "the truth"Sep 26, 2012 7:42:43 PM

Please don't assume who I am or what I'm in because that is NOT the point and I am not advocating for any one sorority. And that assumption about AXO is wrong simply because every sorority is the best, hottest, and you sure as hell better try your hardest to get into whichever one you fall in love with.

By: "the truth"
#9  by: frat   

Top: AXO, DG, XO
Mid: PSS
Low: SDT, Phi Mu, AEPhi

everything else is wrong.

By: frat
by: Panhel LoveSep 27, 2012 10:05:31 PM

Can you articulate why they are the top? Besides they're "hot" and "partiers". If you can't, which I don't think you can, please stop trying to keep feeding the mean girls phenomenon.

By: Panhel Love
by: sorrynotsorryJan 29, 2013 12:09:18 PM

Panhel Love, I'm sorry if you're not top tier. You just kinda gotta accept things the way they are hun

By: sorrynotsorry
#10  by: ohmy   

Look at what you started Haylie

By: ohmy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.