facebook

transfer

by: nice

Im hoping to transfer to UMD next semester, I am a pledge of Alpha Xi Delta at my current school but haven't been initiated. What should I know about AZD at UMD?

Posted By: nice
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: PHA Hello!   

Alpha Xi Delta was re-founded here on December 10, 2012. This fall they moved into their renovated house. As a 'new' sorority, they came on strong and classy. They are probably the most diverse sorority on campus. No, I am not a member, but this sorority is fresh and friendly with no issues or history. Pretty girls with character. Sisterhood appears strong, as they make their way through the traditions and events of Greek life at UMD. Contact them. I think you will be happy.

By: PHA Hello!
#2  by: meh   

Most of the girls are the ones that got cut from every other house during recruitment twice. average at best. they are #1 at self ranking though!

By: meh
by: OOct 14, 2013 2:05:25 AM

You're an idiot

By: O
by: ok Oct 15, 2013 12:02:52 PM

and you, O, are likely an AZD

By: ok
by: GreekOct 16, 2013 12:31:40 PM

The above comment is incorrect... This is a super sorority with a fine sisterhood. They are very involved in campus and Greek activities. No misbehavior, great reputation, no issues or agendas. Have won several awards in only 18 months on campus. Very active with philanthropy, Autism. Always come out to support other philanthropy events. A very diverse group of women, which demonstrates that this is an accepting and safe sorority for women. No cliques, no cookie cutter membership and no attitude. You will love this sorority!

By: Greek
#3  by: well   

To be honest, everyone knows AZD has a struggling sisterhood. Aside from that they are just new. Mixed bag of girls. Good luck!

By: well
by: What?Oct 23, 2013 8:47:19 AM

Hey, "well", are you smoking dope? Alpha Xi Deltas sisterhood is awesome! They participate in every Greek event and support each other. You sound like a silly, insecure gossip!

By: What?
by: TrulyOct 23, 2013 10:25:04 AM

I'm sorry to say that "well" is absolutely right. I know girls in AXiD that tell me they don't even know the names of some of their sisters. From what I gather talking to the girls in the sorority, it's just a lot of small clicks formed into one large group. You could still find a small group of friends if you joined! Just don't expect a large cohesive sisterhood.

By: Truly
by: KatOct 23, 2013 12:58:34 PM

I'm in one of the largest and best sororities on campus and I don't know all of my sisters. I'm waiting to live in the house but I am still in the BEST sorority! The sisters that I interact with are loving and caring... And as I know more and more I will love them more and more! I joined this sorority for the friendship, reputation, fun and campus involvement. Knowing all your sisters is NOT an essential criteria. I don't know everyone in the church I attend, either. So... Go fly a kite!!!

By: Kat
by: hmmOct 25, 2013 10:44:53 AM

AZD thank you all for your input on the subject

By: hmm
by: Hmm.... Feb 23, 2014 3:01:02 PM

My reply is for "facts ",,, let's see...the name is Kat...kat..as in k...a...t? Hmmm....KAT? What could that mean? Second clue...large sorority...hmmm...KAT and large sorority? Final clue....go fly a kite. Go fly a kite? Hey! Isn't that Theta's symbol!? Wait a minute...KAT, and large sorority, and kite. Who could have possibly written that Kat comment.?

By: Hmm....
#4  by: hey   

did you end up initiating?

By: hey
#5  by: Sammy   

This is a great group of girls. They are very active on campus and in the greek system. Very pretty, diverse, down to earth. Chapter house was just renovated.

By: Sammy
#6  by: greek   

Kat is right. I'm not in Theta, but I am also in one of the largest sororities on campus. No matter what sorority you join, you'll love it if it is where you belong. I would say contact the president, come and visit the house, meet the sisters and see if it's the one for you. Truth be told, they ARE new. And they are a pretty mixed bunch of girls, but they are sweet and very nice.

By: greek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.