facebook

what's the pledge experience like?

by: potentialsororitygirl

I'm thinking about joining a sorority (most likely Delta Phi Nu) but am not sure if I have the time for it.
I was just wondering how much time they want you to put in during pledge as well as how much work it is? Also, how much you have to learn for the class (greek alphabet and history I know but is it an instant A or is something you have to actually study for)?
Also, if pledging hard or bad? I know people from other schools who say that pledging sucks and you have to do a lot of crappy things but then once you get initiated it's good but then others say that pledging is really fun and that you get treated really good (I know it's dependent on the sorority but what is DFN and KBGs pledge experience like?)

Posted By: potentialsororitygirl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Robyn-DFN   

Hey there!

I’m actually the membership chair for Delta Phi Nu so you can message me privately if you’d like (on insta I’m @robeaan, or Facebook as Robyn Cussen) but here’s what I can tell you about our pledging process!

Pledgeship is a really fun time, it’s a time where you get to feel out Greek Life and get to bond with your future new sisters! You get to go to socials to meet other people in the Greek Community, take part in sisterhood events (we’ve done ones like apple farm trips, Christmas market, paintball, karaoke nights, paint nights, to name a few!), and if you’re concerned about hazing, Delta Phi Nu has a ZERO tolerance for hazing and feel very strongly about enforcing that, hazing is also illegal in Canada.

The time commitment during pledgeship (which last about 2 months) I’d say is about 2 evenings a week, one for pledge class (where you learn about our organization) and another evening for socials or sisterhood events! Rush, which comes befor pledgeship is a two week period full of fun events for you to feel it out and for us to get to know you and see if this is the place for you! During this time there’s approximately 7 events which are all totally FREE, but you are only required to attend a minimum of 2 + our interview night to be considered for a bid (offer of pledging) into our sisterhood!

Our rush period is just around the corner and we will be announcing our theme and calendar shortly! We’d love to meet you and like I said if you have any other questions please reach out to me, I can also add you to our potential new member group where all the latest information on our rush events are posted! ❤️

By: Robyn-DFN
by: yeah - rightDec 14, 2019 10:03:56 AM

Delta Phi Nu how desperate are you?

STOP self ranking.

It's obvious that you are creating these posts to draw attention to yourselves and to make everyone else look bad.

Here's an idea, why don't you do what you usually

do and stand outside all panhel and non-panhel

rush events and STEAL their potential pledges.

By: yeah - right
by: PotentialsororitygirlDec 20, 2019 7:42:15 PM

Thank you for answering. I wasn't going to respond but I wanted to say sorry for asking the question. I didn't realize people would be mean in the comments. You guys all seem really nice and don't deserve the hate you get!

By: Potentialsororitygirl
#2  by: bruskiboy   

DPN = Dumb, Phony, Nasty. Any one else is better than this bunch.

By: bruskiboy
by: annoyedDec 12, 2019 6:09:04 AM

What to know what's really dumb, phony and nasty? People who make comments like that. The DFN girls are all super nice and have a strong sisterhood, where they build people up. You don't see them commenting things like this, and they wouldn't do that because they're good people. Grow up and stop tearing others town anonymously on the internet. Btw you (and people like you) are the reason why sororities have a bad reputation and everyone thinks the people in them are mean snobs.

By: annoyed
#3  by: You'rePathetic!   

STOP self ranking.

It's obvious that you are creating these posts to draw attention to yourselves and to make everyone else look bad.

By: You'rePathetic!
by: DFNDec 13, 2019 5:07:03 PM

Lol we are far too busy running our own rush events to stand outside other events to “steal” potential pledges. Our numbers speak for themselves and the fact that we are genuine when recruiting.

We don’t go anywhere near the Panhels/UofT and the only time we were in the same general space as a non-panhel sorority was for our info session because KBG was also holding theirs in the Ryerson SLC. Further more during that time KBG had girls downstairs in letters directing girls they recruited and so did we and I see no issue with that, we didn’t take anyone that hadn’t already reached out to us with interest in joining our organization .

I can promise you we really do not care or have any interest in making anyone look bad we believe in advocating for ourselves and replying to clarify our position on things. Once again if you have any concerns please feel free to reach out to us on Facebook or Instagram! 👍🏻

By: DFN
#4  by: yeah - right   

STOP self ranking.

By: yeah - right
#5  by: Confused guy   

why did you not take your best rush from last semester? She’s always welcome at our house. But you took someone who is banned from most sorority and frat houses?

By: Confused guy
by: RSDec 18, 2019 10:40:33 AM

Can confirm this and know the full story. They also continue to try to steal other sororities pledges. I find DFN to be dishonest and heir version of events are totally inaccurate.

By: RS
by: TeaDec 20, 2019 9:35:41 PM

What is the real story? I heard she totally attacked a frat brother

By: Tea
by: Robyn Dec 20, 2019 11:53:50 PM

I don’t think it’s anyone’s business who we accept or don’t (the same can be said for any Greek organization) but I’m curious to know who you are inferring was our best rushee?

As for the girl we accepted who was previously in another organization, people are way too hung up on this and I can tell you if you think you know the whole story you don’t. The Greek community is one giant game of broken telephone, you form opinions on people you’ve never met or speak on situations you were never a part of.

We have never, and will never steal PNMS or actual PLEDGES. If you think we’ve done otherwise I’d like to know who and how.

By: Robyn

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.