facebook

what to join?

by: ArontheInternational

As a Junior transfer, which fraternity do you recommend me to join?I would rather go with a small fraternity that has great bonding than with a bunch of hillbilles and rich brats.

Oh, I am an international..just wanna get a feel of the fraternities here at the States while I am here.

Posted By: ArontheInternational
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: TTU   

Whichever one you fit in with the best.

Have you been hanging out with any group of guys this semester?

By: TTU
by: ArontheInt.Oct 29, 2012 3:19:19 PM

Came here at Tech last semester, and the guys I hang out with are pretty anti-fraternity. They say it's not worth it and I am better off not joining one.

I wanna make connections, thus I am still open to greek. Will that make me lose some friends now? Hopefully it's not something I regret later on.

By: ArontheInt.
by: oh manOct 29, 2012 3:30:02 PM

that's the real definition of a GDI. Someone who thinks not going Greek is a badge of honor.

By: oh man
by: AronInt.Oct 29, 2012 6:31:22 PM

@ohman,

Yeah it seems they have a thing for hating Greek. I guess it's some sort of grudge. They will hate me for joining one for sure.

I personally think Greek is pretty cool and getting into a brotherhood makes your time here that much awesome. Still hoping being junior doesn't go against me. I know I am late, but don't beat me for it lol.

By: AronInt.
by: ArontheInt.Oct 29, 2012 7:43:19 PM

@TTU,

I am actually from Spain. Been here for 2 years and got pretty interested into the greek life here..seems like a major part of college in the US.

Like you said, seems likely I would have to spend more time with my brothers than my friends outside. I would never abandon them, it's just you will have new responsibilities to deal with.

By: ArontheInt.
#2  by: small greek   

i agree with you, fraternities like fiji, pdt, delt, sig ep, and kappa sig only take you for your money or where you're from

if you want to join a big greek fraternity with a small greek atmosphere join like phi psi, ato, or sigma nu

By: small greek
by: FalseOct 30, 2012 2:45:36 AM

I know a guy from Brazil and another from Mexico who are in PDT and I'm pretty sure SigEp has a pledge from some place in South America. But, you got right half of it, they are all loaded with money...

By: False
by: shniceNov 20, 2012 10:22:12 AM

i know for a fact i was not givin a bid for having money because i worked all summer to pay for my dues no help from parents keep enjoying your speck you call small greek

By: shnice
#3  by: As    

A junior in spring semester your options are gonna be pretty limited anyway. Even if you had the money/ were from the right place you'd have trouble getting in big Greek.

By: As
#4  by: Guy   

I think you're getting Texas mixed up with West Virginia. We have rednecks here, not hillbillies.

By: Guy
#5  by: looper   

try lambda chi alpha pi kapps they have a lot of good guys and are open usually to normal people

By: looper
by: TTUOct 29, 2012 6:48:14 PM

^^ Fake Greek, at least for a couple more semesters.

By: TTU
by: Red RaiderOct 30, 2012 6:04:47 PM

agreed, would say the smaller new fraternities esp if you are older and an international student. Check out the following
Lambda Chi Alpha
Pi Kapps
Theta Chi
Farm house ( though they aren't new)

By: Red Raider
#6  by: sorority   

Rush farmhouse! They have quite a bit of diversity and they are all really close. They are a lot of fun and you wouldn't regret it!

By: sorority
#7  by: Non gdi   

I say just go through spring rush, get a feel for the fraternities and what they stand for and do. Then you should know if greek is what you want. My first year I did Formal and didn't think it was all that great just cause some Fiji ditched me because my dad was his dads boss. Then i started hanging out with some guys that were in my rush group. ended up going greek the next semester. Never regretted it. Just find your spot.

By: Non gdi
#8  by: sorority   

EW to the sorority above your obviously an adpi. getoutta here

By: sorority

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.