facebook

which sorority?

by: www

I want to get involved more socially, do community service, and be around a group of genuinely nice and accepting people. I'm not the most outgoing person or that skinny blonde with perfect hair and skin. Is rushing right for me? Is there a particular sorority that would fit my personality and goals? I know I should determine this for myself. But really I just want a general idea. I am kind of intimidated to rush because I feel like I would be so out of place.

Posted By: www
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: www   

also does everyone who rushes get a bid or is it more selective?

By: www
#2  by: GW Greek   

Recruitment and Greek life in GW is much more relaxed than in other schools. If you are considering recruitment, you should just go for it. Its an amazing experience. When you sign up you are assigned to a small group that has two recruitment counselors who are currently sisters. Any questions or concerns that you may have, they'll be able to answer!

By: GW Greek
#3  by: GW   

Also, you could consider a community service sorority/fraternity like ESA or APO. The rush for alt greeks such as those tends to be less intense.

By: GW
#4  by: WE   

Okay so here's the deal go through with rush your freshman year, you will probably get a bid. Just try it out, if it's not your thing, drop out, but do it your freshman year because rush sophomore year is significantly more difficult. No matter what anyone tells you, getting a bid as sophomore is much much much more difficult, and you will regret not trying it freshman year. Every sorority is different, I'm sure you will find a sorority that fits your personality and goals, just go into recruitment with an open mind.

By: WE

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.