facebook

how is wealth determined?

by: pnm

You can live a life that's more modest in appearance even though your parents may be considerably wealthy. I just don't understand how sororities determine who is and who isn't -- maybe Instagram and all the people who like to flaunt their new money lend some insight. Or someone's zip code...and even so...what if you don't include your address? Suppose your parents have taken measures to hide their information from getting out there on a google search? What if some of the wealth is inherited? Y'all have no way of knowing these things for certain, and to judge a pnm based on that seems awfully short-sighted and arriviste. Maybe it's very different in California, but where I'm from, people are anything but showy and keep it to themselves.

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: TTG   

I'm sorry your parents have failed to provide the potential for a quality sorority experience. If you are at least pretty, the middle tier has a place for you.

By: TTG
by: pleaseMay 26, 2015 7:36:52 PM

Do you not read English? I'm asking because they haven't failed at all. I just want to know how they would find that information out.

By: please
by: TTGMay 26, 2015 7:46:11 PM

It's obvious you don't have what it takes. Nothing personal.

by: TTGMay 26, 2015 8:39:14 PM

Not worried at all. You'll never get past the edge of the sidewalk of my house.

#2  by: Actually   

You provide your tax returns to sororities

By: Actually
by: HAMay 26, 2015 7:40:38 PM

You're joking

By: HA
#3  by: @ pnm   

Surprised you got into SC. You seem at little slow.

By: @ pnm
#4  by: Answer   

Sororities and Frats have access to your financial information via any documents sent to the school.

By: Answer
by: ALRIGHT THENMay 26, 2015 11:22:44 PM

Thank you. All I wanted to know. Peace

By: ALRIGHT THEN
#5  by: TTG   

You may be a big s-hit in Poorville but you are no one in Cali.

You have middle tier written all over you.

Hope you enjoy your four years of bitterness!

by: @TTGMay 28, 2015 1:29:48 AM

Excuse me, but as a 4th generation Californian, anyone who refers to California as "Cali" has just self-defined themselves as a know-nothing, classless person. Ugh! You, TTG, have zero manners or class and are just flat-out mean and rude. Honestly, people with tattoos all over their bodies wear T-shirts that say "Cali." OP may well be some drop-dead gorgeous girl, from old money (who doesn't scream or flaunt it) who is witty and fun to be with, whom you would love to have in your house. OP, just rush and drop Kappa the first day, as I can't imagine what other house would be so fixated on how much money your family has, or be so rude and mean. And OP, welcome to USC, you will have a great experience, just ignore the meanies that live on this site. Fight On!

By: @TTG
#6  by: this TTG girl   

Is either middle class or very new money. Honey, please stop embarassing yourself... your insecurity and immaturity is showing.

By: this TTG girl
#7  by: Agree   

"this TTG girl" is correct. TTG girl clearly is either nouveau riche or some middle class or lower echelon (as people with class don't behave as she does)-- in any event, she is definitely insecure... and rude. Anyway, go OP!

By: Agree
by: USC GirlMay 30, 2015 2:14:19 AM

bump

By: USC Girl
by: AgreeMay 30, 2015 8:46:15 AM

I agree with TTG. OP doesn't have a chance at the top tier.

By: Agree
#8  by: um   

what's with all of you being so concerned about new money vs old money

if you live in california you are almost certainly new money. who cares.

By: um
by: BecauseMay 31, 2015 2:44:56 AM

Because TTG, and others apparently, don't realize that there's a HUGE difference between old money and the nouveau riche. TTG's mantra seems to be that one needs to flaunt one's money. OP said that is not her family's style. I totally get this, as this is the way my family is, too. I agree that no one should care, but TTG seems to be absolutely obssesed on the point that if you don't flaunt your $, you're nothing. Candidly, TTG's posts are such consistently nasty/anti-Panhellenic/shallow/destructive downers ("if you 'settle,' you'll just be bitter for 4 years, etc) that while I'm generally a nice person, I can't wait for karma to catch up with her. TTG is a MEAN person. That said, I'm a so-called "top tier" girl too. Everyone should make an effort to just be nice/compassionate and focus on their classes, finding a good job and be happy and enjoy their time at USC!

By: Because

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.