facebook

chances of being dropped by every house?

by: pnm

I keep hearing that it's very unlikely that you will be dropped by every single sorority, but that it still happens. What mistakes do those girls make (or otherwise what do they do) for that to happen?

Posted By: pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: row girl   

You really don't need to worry. The ONLY girls whom this happens to are girls who are rude or extremely awkward.

By: row girl
by: ^^^Jul 30, 2014 1:48:32 AM

adding on to this, do not under any circumstances be intentionally rude to girls in any house in an attempt to make them drop you. this can get you removed from rush by panhellenic, and even if they don't take you out of rush, things won't work out in your favor. I personally know a girl who ended up crosspreffing axo and pi phi because all the houses between them dropped her because she was rude, and then she got mad when she got the axo bid instead of pi phi and ended up not joining any house at all. don't let this be you.

By: ^^^
by: factsAug 1, 2014 2:54:07 PM

PREACH. Also the rules changed this year so if a PNM is reported for being rude, they are automatically dropped instead of getting a warning first.

By: facts
#2  by: Not to Worry...   

SAE is taking girls this fall so there is always a fallback

By: Not to Worry...
#3  by: avcd   

Every year there are approximately 15 girls who are dropped by every house. Considering that over 1000 people rush, these odds are very good. Most of the time, these girls thought that they were "guaranteed" a house so they were rude to others. They ended up being dropped by everyone. Just be nice and polite and you will be fine.

By: avcd
#4  by: pnm   

Thanks for the responses guys, I'm pretty shy when I first meet people so I was worried that it would hurt me a lot if that came across.

By: pnm
#5  by: @pnm   

You should probably try to be more outgoing than normal then. Everyone only has around 5 minutes to get to know you in the first round, so they don't have a lot of time to figure out how great you are. You want all your best qualities to shine through so you stay on the radar.

By: @pnm

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.