facebook

cost of each sorority?

by: usc'17

I know we can ask the RC's during recruitment, but can anyone give me an idea (WITH ACTUAL NUMBERS) of how much sororities cost? I heard between $3000-$7000...can anyone give me some rough numbers for each sorority? I know Kappa is supposed to be the most expensive one...is it really 7k?

Before any active says something, this isn't deciding my sorority preferences, but it is something to think about

Posted By: usc'17
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: lol   

kappa is not 7k, but it is the most expensive. It depends whether you live in or not. I think it's only more expensive than the 2nd most expensive by 200-300 dollars

By: lol
by: butJun 17, 2013 4:46:41 AM

That being said, the more expensive the sorority, generally the nicer the house. Kappa has the nicest house on the row imo so you get what you pay for...I've been inside a lot for invites and they have granite floors all over, the sickest backyard, nicest dining room, etc. All the sororities are really nice tho, so it's whatever. Girls are clean haha

By: but
#2  by: @usc'17   

You should ask USC Panhellenic this question directly -- they have an email question form on their website. I'm sure they have a breakdown of each chapter's new member costs. You're smart to ask in advance-- my roommate had to de-pledge her favorite house because it wasn't within her budget. My chapter cost $3200 for the new member year and hers cost $5000 and both are perceived as "equivalent" chapters with lovely houses. I believe all chapters let you pay monthly.

By: @usc'17
#3  by: .   

Mine costs around 2,300

By: .
by: ?Jun 17, 2013 4:03:25 PM

A year or a semester?

By: ?
#4  by: ?   

If you can't pay the entire amount upfront, you shouldn't be pledging.

by: ?Jun 17, 2013 9:45:37 PM

Not sure how you extrapolated that. I was just wondering if it was $2300 a year or $4600 a year.

#5  by: jess   

We don't allow poor girls in our sorority.

By: jess
#6  by: U$C   

Ignore the harsh comments. I pay roughly about $4000 a year in my sorority (not sure if I'm allowed to say which), and we do have a nice house inside and out. Not sure how much others range. If you really need to, I think you might be able to pay monthly. Also, I would check out/ask about scholarships to help out with the costs. Hope that helps!

By: U$C
by: usc'17Jun 19, 2013 1:21:38 AM

thank u!:)

By: usc'17
#7  by: also   

There was a post earlier about sorority costs. Hope it helps!

(greek rank website)/uni/49/topic/175097/real-talk---how-much-do-sororit ies-cost/

By: also
#8  by: .   

@? it's 2,300 a semester

By: .
by: gonnarushhhJun 21, 2013 12:25:44 AM

what sorority is that?

By: gonnarushhh

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.