facebook

gpa

by: Anon

Does anyone know how much gpa affects your chances in formal rush? I just finished my freshman year with a 2.8 due to personal circumstances, and I hate this gpa almost defines me. But I'm nervous that my chances for getting into a house are going to drop significantly because of that. What do you guys think? anyone have an idea on what houses are strict about their gpa requirements for new recruits?

Posted By: Anon
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: H   

It's Purdue, that's a decent gpa unless you are in a really easy major

By: H
#2  by: Yeah   

Some houses will automatically cut you if your GPA is below a certain average.

By: Yeah
by: B May 27, 2015 9:19:55 AM

What is kkg's gpa cut?

By: B
#3  by: Q   

Most houses have a 3.0 as their set cut off.

By: Q
by: MostMay 27, 2015 1:10:26 PM

3.0 and 3.5 are the most common cutoffs

By: Most
#4  by: Try continuous or spring    

The average gpa's of most sororities is higher than that. So you will be cut from many houses especially since majority have a 3.0 cutoff. Also, you are a sophomore and you will be held to have a higher standard compared to the freshman, making things very competitive. I would suggest doing continuous recruitment because they don't ask for gpa or maybe even spring recruitment.

By: Try continuous or spring
#5  by: Sad but True   

Your below 3.0 GPA is sadly going to hurt you. You should have considered COB this past spring when you were still a freshman and 2nd semester grades hadn't posted yet.
Sadly, your GPA combined with being a sophomore are really going to hurt your chances of getting into a top house. With Kappa Delta coming on campus this year, it might be a great opportunity for you.
Good luck.

By: Sad but True

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.