facebook

thinking about quitting my house

by: Haircut

Alright so here's the gist. I got into my house with a lot of intentions that it just doesn't seem to be on the road to filling. I have love for my brothers, but I genuinely don't see this place going anywhere that I want to be. Part of the reason I haven't done it yet though, is that I live in and I wouldn't know what to do about housing after that. Especially considering I already spent all my money.

All that aside, I know now that if I would've done my homework on Greek Life beforehand, I would've been in a house more aligned with my goals. This knowledge kinda came late though, because I'm not exactly a freshman anymore. I know that not a lot of houses that are good, are looking to pick up an older guy to join them.

I just need some opinions. Anyone wanna help me out?

Posted By: Haircut
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Feel you brah   

No one here knows your experiences or what you've been through and this decision is entirely up to you. Have you considered doing a leadership position in the house? What exactly don't you like about the house? Are they not studious enough? Do they not give back to the community enough? Are they not social enough? You can easily run for PR, social, academics, etc. even president. Even if it's the guys you don't like, run for a position that lets you have a say in who gets bids or be a pledge adviser.

Helping to turn a house around is really admirable and doesn't go unnoticed by the Greek community. Houses rising and falling all depends on their leaders and how they run their business. If it's just not for you and you can count way more pros than cons then drop.

By: Feel you brah
#2  by: insight    

I completely agree with the above comment. That being said, what exactly are your goals? You really seem like you want to drop because your house isn't "good" enough which is a shame and kind of disrespectful. Most people care less about "tiers" as they get older, not more. I might have gotten the wrong vibe from you, but that's what I see.
If that is true, you have more power to change your house than you think. If there's something you know you would be good at, go for it! If you truly love your brothers you would do it not for yourself, but for them. Chances of a house bending the rules and taking someone who's already been initiated elsewhere are slim. At the end of the day would you rather be a big fish in a little pond, or a little fish in a big pond?

By: insight

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.