facebook

do any good house cob?

by: Freshman

I wasn't sure about rushing do I didn't sign up for formal recruitment, but now I really want to be in a sorority. Do any good house do COB? Does DG ever do cob? I don't want to be stuck in a weird house or have to wait a whole year to rush. If you know any houses that are cob for fall 2014 please let me know!

Posted By: Freshman
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: COB   

Good houses would have snap bid if there was a girl they liked but was low in their list and was not picked up by anyone.
If a good house does COB it will only be in the Spring. Whether they COB depends on if they are are at Panhel house quotas.

By: COB
by: FreshmanSep 17, 2014 2:44:44 PM

What are better houses more likely to do cob in the spring? Besides the season (obviously) what's the difference between fall cob and spring cob?

By: Freshman
#2  by: COB   

Most chapters COB only in the spring. They still need to do new member education and initiation and although it's called COB, it's usually done only in the spring.

#3  by: Honest   

I've never heard of DG doing COB because they always make numbers. Just like with any recruitment, don't have your heart set on a house before you even start. Figure out what houses are doing it and have an open mind. There are no weird houses. Every house is fun and has a great group of girls. Be wary that even then, top houses already have a group of girls who they have in mind and are invitation only. Some chapters have open houses where you get to meet girls. Your best chance of getting into a house is either knowing someone and expressing interest and that person sees you fitting in with the house or you going to open houses. It's a lot easier than formal fall recruitment, but remember that you're still up against hundreds of like-minded girls so try your best to stand out in a positive way.

Tip: If you're in a class with Greeks try your best to be on your best behavior. Your name could be mentioned in a potential invite and if a sister has a class with you and they see that you dress like a slob, are on your phone, or are absent 90% of the time don't expect to hear from them!

Good luck!

By: Honest
#4  by: greek love   

There are plenty of great houses that do COB.
DZ (usually need an invite), alpha phi, kappa alpha theta, tri delta, azd, agd and plenty more do spring rush. Zeta has also has some more secretive cob rush events as well.
Spring rush has a negative stigma, but ask any house who has taken informal girls and most of them are fantastic girls that are very prominent faces in their houses! You'll hear more about it closer to the spring. Rush around and if none of the houses click with you than you can try formal in the fall.

By: greek love
by: FreshmanSep 19, 2014 7:12:38 AM

wow, thanks for the info! That's really encouraging! :) so do the ones you listed do fall? Or just spring? How do you get an invite to those event?

#5  by: COB   

All the Panhellenic houses do fall recruitment. It's up to the individual houses if they COB in the Spring. In my house, our national encourages to COB in the Spring for the exact reasons stated by the previous poster.
Depending on how many girls are already in the chapter vs what campus chapter size limits are (set by Panhel) will determine whether a chapter COB's or not.
The best way to COB is to be invited by the house. They will invite you to dinner, etc... So get to know girls in your classes, dorm, etc... that are in the houses you like and let them know you are interested in COB in the Spring.
It is very informal and nothing like fall recruitment. Good luck!

by: FreshmanSep 19, 2014 11:35:15 AM

but isn't there cob in the fall? That's what the Panhellenic website says

by: FreshmanSep 19, 2014 11:35:16 AM

but isn't there cob in the fall? That's what the Panhellenic website says

#6  by: COB   

All the Panhellenic houses do fall recruitment. It's up to the individual houses if they COB in the Spring. In my house, our national encourages to COB in the Spring for the exact reasons stated by the previous poster.
Depending on how many girls are already in the chapter vs what campus chapter size limits are (set by Panhel) will determine whether a chapter COB's or not.
The best way to COB is to be invited by the house. They will invite you to dinner, etc... So get to know girls in your classes, dorm, etc... that are in the houses you like and let them know you are interested in COB in the Spring.

#7  by: COB   

#8  by: COB   

#9  by: COB   

#10  by: COB   

by: waitforspringSep 23, 2014 4:25:44 PM

Excellent houses do have spring recruitment- although not every year. Since panhel restricts the number each house can take during fall recruitment the larger houses typically are looking to fill a few more spots in the spring. Most will post something publicly on the panhel website. Keep your ears and eyes open and talk to the girls you know who are in sororitys. While spring recruitment is much less formal iy IS very competitive. A house may only need a handful of new members, but you may have 50-60 girls at an event!

By: waitforspring

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.