facebook

dg legacy policy?

by: Purdue

What is DG's legacy policy that everyone falls about? I'm a legacy to DG because of my cousin, but I'm not set on DG because of that. I was just wondering how they would look at me even if I don't fit in because I want to find where I truly fit in. Thanks so much!

Posted By: Purdue
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: notsure   

What I hear is that DGs deny legacies. Not sure of how truthful that is, but again, that's just what I've heard.

By: notsure
#2  by: loveallsororitys   

Each house is different in how much they adhere to the "legacy" and "rec" conditions their Nationals request. DG at Purdue has a certain percentage of their pledge class that they MUST extend a bid to. Doesn't guarantee you will get a bid if you are a legacy, but it explains why there is quite a divide/mix in the girls they end up pledging.

By: loveallsororitys
#3  by: PU   

Most houses do not recognize a cousin as a legacy. Legacies are grandmother, mother or sister.
Every house is different, but it is common to invite legacies back to 1st invitational. After that the chapter is free to cut them if they want to.

By: PU
#4  by: Cousin   

A cousin does not create a legacy within DG. Mothers, grandmothers and sister only. At some of the smaller campuses, they may include aunt but it's rare. DG sets a percentage of legacies they are "suggested" to take. If they cut, they are required to call the parent, grandparent etc.

By: Cousin
#5  by: This   

This is similar with most large nationals. Chi O, ZTA, TriDelt, DG

By: This
#6  by: That   

To many woman have "cousins" that it makes it insignificant.

By: That
#7  by: PU   

Chi O at Purdue doesn't care about legacies

By: PU
#8  by: Legacy   

Legacy status at a top house like DG can make the completion harder because really you are competing against other legacies for limited spots reserved for legacies.

By: Legacy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.