facebook

alpha phi

by: curious

why are all the other sororities upset about alpha phi coming? I've heard girls in sororities literally talk about how they're not looking forward to alpha phi at all. Why??

Posted By: curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Nah   

Maybe the lower tiers care. I know I for one dont

By: Nah
#2  by: Jen UNC   

Those that care are probably the lower chapters that are threatened since alpha phi is a powerhouse Internationally. But I for one don't care and am super excited cause I know how much they are going to help our Greek community and all of us in the meantime.

By: Jen UNC
by: JenApr 10, 2015 10:07:39 AM

If you're using that logic, pi phi and kkg are considered by most to be top 3 nationally, along with theta which unc doesn't even have.

By: Jen
#3  by: PNM   

So are people expecting A Phi to do pretty well their first year??

By: PNM
by: YesApr 9, 2015 3:02:01 PM

It's nationally very strong. There are always growing pains, but they will likely be good fairly fast.

By: Yes
by: hmmmApr 9, 2015 9:18:33 PM

It may do better than KKG and Tri Sig just because it doesn't have a stigma to it.

By: hmmm
by: yupApr 19, 2015 11:26:39 PM

Very strong nationally and their new chapters tend to gain leverage quickly.

By: yup
by: :)Dec 5, 2015 7:23:52 AM

From a guy's standpoint I think they're doing surprisingly well. They're already above Phi Mu and slightly below AXO and it's been a semester

By: :)
#4  by: Fo real tho   

Those who know what they're talking about aren't too happy about Alpha Phi because few sororities are able to reach house total without the addition of another chapter. This is true across the board, no matter what the chapter's "rank" is and no matter what the individuals within the chapter say. It's literally a numbers thing, it has nothing to do with how "good" the chapter is or isn't. UNC is very different from many other schools with greek life because a great deal of PNMs drop out during rush. So nationals is looking at how many girls are rushing and saying "hey they need another chapter" but in reality only around 2/3 of those who start rush will finish and ultimately pledge. With the addition of Alpha Phi, it will be even more difficult for the existing chapters to reach house total (putting a strain on finances and such). Alpha Phi will be allowed to take as many girls as they want to until they get to chapter total, however it is likely they will not just "give anyone a bid". Like other chapters, they want to build a good group of girls for this new colonization. The interview process will be much more lengthy and difficult than formal recruitment. However, it's expected that many PNMs will drop recruitment in hopes of getting a bid from Alpha Phi. This is another reason other chapters may not be too happy about them coming on campus, as the pool of PNMs may be smaller this year.

By: Fo real tho
#5  by: House   

Alpha Phi won't have a house for 3-5 years, they may be nationally strong but I don't know if they'll be able to grow quickly without a house for its members.

By: House
by: Untrue Apr 25, 2015 2:28:56 PM

The alpha phi national board predicts that the house will be established in 2 years at the very latest!

By: Untrue
by: ?Apr 25, 2015 7:59:38 PM

Where? There's virtually nowhere to put it, unless they buy a university building or something

By: ?
#6  by: New APhi   

We are buying sigma's house because they can apparently only get 30 new members :) Also I agree that only the three bottom chapters (pi phi, sigma, and kappa) care about us and it's because they feel threatened. Everyone else I've met has been very happy about the new chapter!

By: New APhi
by: LolOct 31, 2015 8:01:59 PM

Already hating on others. Classy

By: Lol
by: OkayNov 2, 2015 7:58:42 AM

You're definitely not a new alpha phi because if you were, you'd know there has been absolutely no talk of buying sigma's house. Like this hasn't even been mentioned as a possibility during chapter or any other meetings. I know this because I'm actually an alpha phi.

By: Okay
by: WrongNov 2, 2015 12:12:20 PM

You can't buy a chapter's house until Panhel gives them the boot, which hasn't happened, or the sigma HQ tells them they have to go (which won't happen either). Like it or not, Sigma is here to stay. I'm very disheartened to think that someone within the Panhel community would speak of another Panhel chapter in the way you just did. For everyone's sake, I really hope you're a troll.

By: Wrong
by: Lol whatNov 4, 2015 12:18:00 PM

I definitely am an alpha phi, buddy. Just because Tay and Tal haven't mentioned it in chapter doesn't mean it's not a possibility. Sigma has been getting in lots of trouble recently and just hasn't been able to get enough girls so there is a VERY real chance that either this coming year or the following one, they will have to leave because they simply can't afford it and we will step in and buy their house.

By: Lol what
by: What??Nov 4, 2015 12:51:56 PM

What kind of trouble has Sigma gotten into? And I totally agree that you'd better watch yourself!!

By: What??
by: GeezNov 4, 2015 1:38:53 PM

Based on the (lack of) class shown by Alpha Phi on this site, I'm so glad I chose a bottom tier house over them. Wow.

By: Geez
by: LOLNov 6, 2015 1:48:51 PM

funny because Sigma is not going anywhere and they have not been in any "trouble" recently... you clearly do not have any idea what you are talking about and it is extremely rude of you to talk about another member of the community in such a horrendous manner

By: LOL
by: WellDec 5, 2015 7:17:57 AM

Guys I'm in Alpha phi and it's clear whoever posted about us taking Tri Sigs house wasn't one of us. Taylor and Talia even said during chapter a few weeks ago that it was a rumor. We have bought an awesome spot of land behind DDD and next to AXO and plan to be done with construction by next spring! We are hoping to conduct recruitment off the land and have as much of the house done by then as possible! We are happy to join the Greek community and appreciation everyone else's support! <3

PS I promise we are classy people which also makes me believe this person isn't actually in Alpha Phi and is a rando trying to make us look bad

By: Well
#7  by: Gt   

Because they've been stealing a lot of opportunities to mix with middle tier fraternities, like Sigep.

By: Gt
#8  by: Wut   

Hi no alpha phi is not getting/taking tri sigs house. That was never a thing or even a rumor within alpha phi. Nor would if be our house, they're are definitely some more established fraternities that would get the house over us if that were to be the case. But alpha phi is getting a house this year and it won't be trisigs, an announcement will be made soon. - a (well informed) alpha phi

By: Wut
#9  by: Okay   

This site is so far from relevant that it doesn't really matter who is on here or not. The sisters have been told to refrain from starting stuff, especially with other chapters, by our leaders and eachother. Sure, some girls are going to act out or do "embarrassing" things but that's true for any group of girls over 130. There's only so much you can control and instead of starting rumors or passing judgments I'd encourage you to continue welcoming new members to panhellenic the same way you'd like to be welcomed.

By: Okay
by: Well,Nov 5, 2015 2:42:10 PM

This site might be irrelevant but you're on here. And you scrolled through 20 + comments to make your own. It must matter to you after all..

By: Well,
#10  by: We're all friends here    

Okay guys, I am an alpha phi who never once participated in formal recruitment so I'd appreciate it if you didn't act like that's why people joined alpha phi. I joined it because I didn't particularly like any of the other sororities and I thought a new chapter would be perfect because there's no negative connotations with it yet and I must say I am SO happy with my decision because, despite what it may seem like to others, all of the girls I've met in alpha phi have been truly amazing, kind, down-to-earth girls and I feel so at home here. I know humans are naturally competitive but let's all just try to be supportive of each other and everyone's sororities! There's obviously all sorts of girls in every chapter and I don't think my chapter is better than anyones but I do think that a lot of the other houses are upset about us I wish that weren't the case because we should all be welcoming to everyone!

By: We're all friends here
by: LolNov 8, 2015 8:55:07 AM

You are definitely in the minority if you didn't go through formal rush and get cut by everyone but KKG and SSS. I know of several Alpha Phis that fit that description. No shame in it .... just be honest and own it.

By: Lol
by: OkNov 9, 2015 5:04:55 PM

I'm not going to argue with you over an anonymous site where neither one of us can prove anything, but it's true that I, and a lot of my friends in alpha phi, never went through formal recruitment. I wasn't interested in greek life for a long time and then when I was I thought that it was too late to join another sorority without being out of place for not doing it in the very beginning. You sound really bitter about alpha phi though so I'm guessing you're a lower tier... pi phi maybe?

By: Ok
by: @OKNov 9, 2015 11:29:38 PM

Alpha phi attacking pi phi for no reason...? why? you don't need to hate on other sororities to try to make yourself look better

By: @OK

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.