facebook

rush

by: Transfer

Hi! I'm transferring to UNC chapel hill this fall as a sophomore and I am really interested in being in greek life. I'm from the North so I don't know many people but I'm very outgoing and have a 3.85 GPA. Do I have a chance of getting a bid? Or will i be dropped since I'm a sophomore?

Posted By: Transfer
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: OOS transfer   

I am in the same situation. Do we even have a chance because we are OOS and don't have a lot or any connections?

By: OOS transfer
#2  by: fraternity   

i know that the big 4 takes guys they like. if they like you, you're fine, if you're weird you'll get dropped. has nothing to do with gpa. just talk to people and try to leave a good impression

By: fraternity
#3  by: Lol   

What about sororities?

By: Lol
by: transfer2Apr 11, 2015 1:11:51 AM

bump

By: transfer2
by: yehApr 23, 2015 6:02:16 PM

Sororities have an upperclassman quota. You probably won't get a bid from a "top tier" house because they reserve their upperclassman spots for their friends, but you definitely have a chance at middle or lower tier.

A word of advice, don't go in and listen to reputations. People will tell you this sorority is X and that sorority is Y, but I think that not only undermines our amazing student population, but the women at this school in particular. You will be able to find your niche in whatever sorority you join. If you go in and dismiss a chapter because of what someone said, you could end up missing out on a great experience.

By: yeh
by: yupyupApr 27, 2015 10:00:51 PM

i highly suggest reading some TSM articles on this subject before hand, they'll the articles explain the system as well as what the "universal" requirements are for getting into a top house.

(top houses are generally based on looks, unfortunate but thats just how it is)

By: yupyup
by: yupyupApr 27, 2015 10:03:39 PM

HOWEVER! if youre just looking to get into mid/lower tier house (no shame in that, promise [most of the time theyre way more pleasant]) youll totally be fine as a transfer

#4  by: yupyup   

rushing isnt really about having connections, its about meeting new people. Be outgoing and make the members think youd be a good addition to the house. go to multiple rush events just incase you dont get into your first choice.
good luck, greek life is one of the best things youll be involved in

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.