facebook

pi phi and kappa

by: rushee

I'm a freshman from out of state and will be going through rush. My Mom was a Pi Phi and my sister was a Kappa at different schools. I guess I'm a legacy at both. I've heard Pi Phi is better overall than Kappa. Is this true?

Posted By: rushee
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: UNC   

If you had asked this at the beginning of last year, it would have been true. Pi Phi's most recent pledge class has sent them on a downward spiral, while Kappa is going up a little. I would say they are about the same right now, but Kappa seems to be rising while Pi Phi is descending.

By: UNC
by: Almost right..Aug 19, 2013 7:07:17 PM

I don't agree about Pi Phi's rank descending. I don't know anything about Kappa going up or down, but from what I've heard around campus, Pi Phi is on the rise.

By: Almost right..
by: AgreeAug 19, 2013 10:22:18 PM

Pi Phi isn't descending. Their last pledge class was their best in years. They're a solid sorority

By: Agree
by: Eh.Aug 19, 2013 10:55:03 PM

Pi Phi's last pledge class has some trouble in the "class" department. Some of them really let the party get the best of them... frequently...

By: Eh.
#2  by: just heads up   

Even if you're a legacy you don't have to join that specific sorority- keep your options open, you may get along better with girls at other chapters

By: just heads up
#3  by: ...   

As far as I'm concerned, Pi Phi is still what it has always been, a very solid, middle tier sorority, and one where the girls are cool and don't worry much about tiers. KKG is getting better and is no longer in last place (that would be SSS), but if you had to choose between Pi Phi and KKG I'd choose Pi Phi 10 times out of 10.

To whoever said you don't have to join the house where you're a legacy...you are exactly right. Go where you fit best.

By: ...
#4  by: Also...   

Go where you fit in best. Pi Phi's younger girls, from the ones I've met anyways, seem very bubbly and preppy while Kappa has a wider mix of personalities. Don't let what people tell you about where a sorority "ranks" decide where you pledge. I have friends who only joined somewhere because it was a "higher ranked" sorority than their other options and they hated it and ended up dropping because it wasn't where they fit in the best. The BEST advice someone can give you is to go in with an open mind and try as hard as you can not to get sucked into the mindset of going for the "best" sorority.

And just a side note. Make sure you list yourself as a legacy for both sororities when you register for rush.

By: Also...
#5  by: eh   

It depends on what you're looking for. I would say Kappas are definitely more classy as a whole, though.

By: eh
by: NoAug 21, 2013 2:33:59 AM

If you're joining a sorority based solely on how the girls look and not on who they are as people, you probably won't be happy. All sorority have girls who are less attractive than others. Go where you'll fit and don't listen to the negativity that's all over this website.

By: No
#6  by: Unc   

KKG and Pi Phi are pretty even. The girls in both houses are great and really involved on campus. I know alot of girls from both sororities, I'm in another, but they're great! Don't let someone's greekrank reputation decide for you!

By: Unc
#7  by: rushee   

Well, since I asked my question I've decided against KKG. I've met a few and was completely turned off by their "desperation". Plus, I've met a couple of Pi Phis on campus in class and in Granville and they are so cute and fun and NORMAL. Thanks for all the advice, tho! I'm still going to check out all the other houses too.

By: rushee
by: OpenAug 26, 2013 4:58:29 PM

Deciding against a sorority before rush usually isn't the best idea. Stay open to all of the sororities, not just kappa and Pi phi. You never know, you might end up loving a house you didn't expect to love in the first place.

By: Open
by: Just sayingAug 27, 2013 10:17:47 AM

Openly direguarding any of the sororities isn't a good way to start off recruitment. Being a Pi phi and kappa legacy as well as our of state makes you pretty easily identifiable. It's usually hard for out of state to get into the house they want, because they generally don't know a lot of people in the houses, and panhel sticks together, they don't like when anyone throws out anothther sorority before they've even started recruitment. Not a good move.

By: Just saying
#8  by: uncRecruitment   

You would be lucky to be picked by any sorority, especially Kappa. Don't discard any sororities until you pref.

By: uncRecruitment

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.