facebook

what houses have higher gpa's

by: GPA

I will be pursuing a difficult major with plans to attend Grad school. I would like to join a soroity but one that values academics. Which houses would you suggest?

Posted By: GPA
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: sorority   

Chi O has the top Greek GPA. DG also cares a lot about studies and I want to say Tri Delt as well.

By: sorority
by: ZJun 27, 2015 1:35:57 PM

Ditto to above

By: Z
by: FactsNov 2, 2015 10:20:44 PM

Chio and Alpha chi omega have had the top GPA's for years with theta number 3 for years. If academics are your priority than these are you top houses

By: Facts
by: YesNov 5, 2015 9:25:17 PM

All those houses are serious about their grades and would be good choices

By: Yes
#2  by: Gpa   

ChiO has the top gpa but is life half dancers and communication majors. The house with the most premeds and business is theta, tridelt, AXO, and Gphi.

By: Gpa
by: RoseJul 1, 2015 1:37:01 PM

On target-you are responsible to keep grades your focus but it so helpful to have likeminded sisters. I would hate to be in a house where everyone was going out every night so I was the only one studying. My major and future plans require me to have a high GPA. If you are pursuing a difficult major you will be wise to choose a more academically minded chapter.

By: Rose
by: BumpSep 28, 2015 7:46:33 PM

Bump

By: Bump
by: BsNov 2, 2015 10:32:04 PM

That is bs. Chio has plenty of premeds, pre law and business majors as does alpha chi omega, theta and DG. Chio, alpha chi omega and theta have been 1,2 and 3 for top GPA's for years. They're smart and they work hard. Quit trying to take that away from them. Alpha chi omega and DG have been the most involved on campus for years with leaders in student senate, program council and every other executive board
On campus. All with-it girls; movers and shakers

By: Bs
#3  by: Fact   

These are real facts that PNMS need to know. XO, DG, Theta and AXO are where the intelligent girls gravitate.

By: Fact
by: !Jul 23, 2015 1:00:22 AM

Fact ^^^ is the one telling the real facts!

By: !
by: ;-)Aug 12, 2015 1:05:14 PM

True facts that matter

By: ;-)
by: Read the rankingsSep 4, 2015 12:13:23 AM

This year academically it is Chi o,AXO and DG as the top three. Read the recruitment guidebook theta

By: Read the rankings
#4  by: Intelligence   

Just saying, sororities with high GPA's doesn't mean they have the most academically minded sisters. If you have a difficult major you'll meet the girls in your classes in the academic houses. For example, DG and GPhi are two of the most academic and they both have low GPAs. Just make friends with girls in your classes and you'll be fine.

By: Intelligence
by: ^^^^Jul 28, 2015 5:35:31 PM

Not necessarily. If you have a bunch of speech majors and elementary ed majors you can have a high gpa without having academically minded girls. DG and G Phi have high percentages of pre-professional majors (like pre-law, pre-med, engineering, etc.) Those majors are really tough and there hasn't been grade inflation like in the easier majors so the houses that really rock academics have lower gpas.

By: ^^^^
by: Nice try Nov 2, 2015 10:42:13 PM

Nice try but none of that above statement is true. Plenty of people are good with numbers but find business, math or chemistry boring. And education majors are required to double major. Most majors outside of science or math require critical thinking and a zillion more papers. Grade inflation is a fairy tale, and anyway lots of people can get b's but it takes a cut above in work and intelligence to get all A's like many of the girls in the sororities with top GPA's

By: Nice try
by: AnywayNov 2, 2015 10:47:19 PM

Anyway it's a moot point because Chio, alpha chi omega and theta have as many pre professional majors as anyone in fact last summer alpha chi omega had the most highly recruited business major. Every sorority has smart girls but Chio, alpha chi omega and theta have been 1,2 and 3 for years. DG and gamma phi are also up there.

By: Anyway
by: Every sorority is greatNov 3, 2015 8:17:06 AM

Every sorority is great

By: Every sorority is great
#5  by: GPA   

Chi O
AXO
Theta
No doubts

By: GPA
by: BumpNov 18, 2015 5:47:16 PM

Bump

By: Bump
#6  by: Yes   

This is something that is factual and important. Thank you!

By: Yes
#7  by: becca   

Tri Delt had the top GPA 2014-2015

By: becca
by: NopeDec 14, 2015 6:05:26 PM

That's a joke. It's been chio, axo, and theta for years with dg in there as the number 3 spot as well. These are facts available for checking

By: Nope
#8  by: Lol   

Look at the grades in the recruitment handbooks.

In the most recent semester I have seen(Fall 2014), the top 3 in grades were:

1) Chi O
2) AXO
3) Tri Delt

Almost every sorority focuses on grades. The three above most definitely so as well. Check the sorority recruitment handbook for accurate rankings. Usually the GPAs are all very similar. For the most part at SMU, all sororities care about GPAs. Traditionally, the 3 that care the least are Pi Phi, Kappa, and GPhi. Not to say that these ladies don't care about GPAs but they are not as traditionally strict about them as the other chapters.

By: Lol
#9  by: la   

If you value sisters with academics as a focus then this is great thread for you to see.

By: la
by: DallasAug 7, 2015 7:47:46 PM

So true

By: Dallas
#10  by: You   

XO, AXO and KAT are top with DDD not far behind.

By: You
by: PonYNov 9, 2015 12:56:21 PM

Going with this response as the best representative

By: PonY

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.