facebook

notorious sig chi self-ranker

by: Doe John

Funny, I know who it is. I wouldn't want to publicly identify him so I'll just say... Stop self-ranking your house and go out and work on improving your chapter if you want to compete with the top houses. Anybody who goes here and has even the slightest idea of the Greek system here knows which houses get which rushees. The size of your fraternity does not mean anything if you sacrifice quality for quantity. Posting about how great you think your house is week in and week out and patrolling this website like a moderator will not get you better rushees.

Posted By: Doe John
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ^pike again   

Your an idiot. Again, not a Sig.

The ranking is by:
- membership count
- total house budget
- academic standing
- social budget
- Campus activities
- Sorority interaction
- National Chapter strength

Considering all of the above. The ranking is accurate.
However, with only 46 members and a smaller total budget, pike qualifies for bottom-tier status.
Gave them a gift. They will move downwards if they get another bottom-tier PC in January.
Keeping it accurate.

By: ^pike again
by: huhDec 15, 2014 12:58:44 AM

Hahaha OP on the money. Dude^, you've lost your mind.

And no, that's definitely not how it works.

By: huh
#2  by: Laughing Stock   

Stop. You are definitely a Sigma Chi, why else would you be so effeminate about self-ranking them as a top house and getting defensive whenever someone disagrees with you? No sorority woman, GDI, etc. would give two ishts about another house unless they were in it. I, and many others, have nothing against Sigma Chi but this lone-wolf is making your chapter look like a bunch of desperate try-hards. FYI I'm not a Pike and this has nothing to do with them, which is why I am confused as to why you keep referencing them in your posts... maybe you were cut from their house during recruitment? Whatever the case, I'm sure they could care less that some Sigma Chi thinks that they are somehow a "bottom-tier" house. I'm just looking out for your own good buddy. Go make a positive change at YOUR house.

By: Laughing Stock
by: FinallyDec 16, 2014 1:36:27 PM

Thank you. This is the most accurate and honest post in a while.

Whoever the lone-wolf Sig Chi is, they need to quit preaching that top tier houses are determined by size. THEY ARE NOT DETERMINED BY SIZE. They're the same no matter how big or small the chapters become. They will always be like this:

Top: FIJI, Pike, SAE
Mid-top: Phi Delt
Middle: Sig Ep, Sig Chi, KA, Lambda
Bottom: Beta, Kappa Sig

And FYI, I'm not a pike. Pikes will always be top, its a known fact. They are attached at the hip with Theta, a top house.

By: Finally
#3  by: ^pike enough   

Lambda is going to pass you in January.
Lambda will be bottom middle tier.
Pike will drop to top bottom tier.
Congrats

Bottom tier: pike. Beta, Kappa Sig

By: ^pike enough
#4  by: SMU2017   

I would say that Sigmachi's parties are about the same as KA. They could possibly compete with SigEp for rushees this year. I'd still put Phidelt above them overall but this spring's PC will tell a lot.

By: SMU2017
#5  by: SMU2017   

Beta could possibly get a pledge class similar to Sigmachi's this year from what I've seen. Maybe not the same type of guys, but overall quality wise.

By: SMU2017
#6  by: ^pike   

Sigma Chi will have another top tier PC this Spring as last year.

Lambda, Beta and KA will have a larger PC that pike in January.

By: ^pike
by: ...Dec 16, 2014 6:00:14 PM

Phi Delt's pledge class was miles better than Sigma Chi's. KA and Beta will be interesting to see this year.

By: ...
#7  by: Al   

I think Phi Delt and KA had better parties then Sigma Chi this semester. Beta was alright, better then in the past at least.

By: Al
by: SirDec 22, 2014 11:07:53 AM

Pledge Class Rankings Last Spring were:

FIJI
SAE
PIKE

PDT
EX

BETA/KA
LXA

KS

By: Sir
by: SMU rusheeDec 23, 2014 7:12:23 PM

i think sigma chi parties were right there at the top. I'd put them at or above Phi delt and Pike. SAE was good but a bit entitled. Fiji fun but kind of Cali only vibe. I personally think all of those are the top five and are pretty interchangeable - its whatever you like.

Fraternities change more from year to year than sororities.

the size thing is so wrong its comical - but apparently some lone dude with an issue.

By: SMU rushee
#8  by: wtf   

Spring 2014 PCs

EX 44
SAE 38
Fiji 36

KA 28
PDT 26

Beta/LXA 20
pike 16

KS 10

By: wtf
#9  by: ^pike   

Yeah, you are a joke.
Your posts claiming your 46 member house is a top tier is hilarious.

By: ^pike
#10  by: N   

I've talked to a lot of freshman who have said they are wanting to go Sigma Chi over SAE/FIJI. It's a new age. Btw Phi Delt should not be in the same discussion as Sig.

By: N
by: The DonJan 11, 2015 5:45:27 PM

Rankings are

FIJI
SIGMA CHI
SAE

By: The Don

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.