facebook

Society > Sorority

by: TS

Why be a sorority girl when you can be a society girl. No strict rules and requirements but you still get to have awesome philanthropy and pair with top frats. Make a good rush decision girl.

Posted By: TS
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: The Joker   

We live in a society 🤡🤡🤡

By: The Joker
by: GDI Reality 😦Jan 10, 2023 3:26:24 PM

panHELLenic 👿 should have forewarned the Spring PNMs about the very low probability of getting a bid from the top 2 sororities as a non-legacy. Also about the real probability of not getting a bid from the mid 3 sororities unless the PNM is a legacy or already knows a ton of members. 🤨

Spring GDI sHoCk 😵 is the most as severe at SMU. A complete " social metamorphosis " from the Fall semester. Severe Greek sorority cliques develop resulting in GDI isolation on most evenings and weekends. The newly shocked GDI is ready to transfer away as soon as she finishes her last Spring semester final. 😞

By: GDI Reality 😦
by: ShOcKeD GDI Ghosts 👻Jan 10, 2023 11:13:59 PM

Spring 2020 Newly Shocked GDI Editorial:

As a newly shocked GDI, SMU has really changed this Spring semester. All of the sorority PCs have become harsh cliques. They eat together in the cafeteria, sit together in class, study together and go to pee together.

My roommate is in a PC, so most nights I am alone in my dorm room. We used to do things together, now she does not have the time. Between Chapter & PC meetings, mixers, parties and other PC activities, they are too busy to hang with GDIs.

We (GDIs) are a group of @300 who stay in dorms & watch TV streaming, the Bachelor & Shopping Network. Pretty depressing knowing our parents paid almost $50 grand for this semester. Most of us (GDIs) are now mostly concentrated on which university we will transfer to this Summer or Fall.

The university & PanHELLenic have not committed Newly Shocked GDIs any time or a budget for social activities during this semester. There are a few basketball games to attend and Program Council may have movies or an event or two.

WE ARE THE FORGOTTEN.

We paid almost $50 grand for this semester and feel like the university is asking & waiting for us to leave. Clearly the university for the Spring semester relies on Greek Life almost exclusively for student's social life. GDIs time in the evening is spent deciding on which university to transfer next semester. We are concerned about "stranger danger" in such a big city, so most of us do not leave the campus at night.

We are all stunned the university risks losing almost 300 freshmen girls each calendar year to GDI shock. Looking back, PanHELLenic is to blame for not being "more forthcoming" about the limited true openings for the top 6 legacy-saturated sororities to 750 PNMs. The university is to blame for scheduling recruitment to entrap 300 girls for 2 exorbitantly expensive semesters. Then both dropping us with limited social events or activities for the captured Spring semester.

By: ShOcKeD GDI Ghosts 👻
by: GoodJan 11, 2023 4:46:05 PM

I wouldn't give a bid to someone who only stays in their room watching shopping network either.

By: Good
#2  by: philanthropy???   

Yeah, because philanthropy is why girls join sororities. Bwahahahahahaha!

By: philanthropy???
#3  by: Why?   

Why? Because you won't have $hit after graduation or any sorority connection for the rest of your life, and if you remain in Texas you will be looked down on. "You were a what???"

By: Why?
by: FunnyJan 11, 2023 6:14:56 PM

Actually as a club, not a sorority they are already more talked about in town than any sorority, so they obviously threaten you. Chill. It's just an organization off campus. Go worry about something more important, like the world's glaciers melting or homelessness.

By: Funny
by: ^Jan 11, 2023 7:54:16 PM

talked about = laughing at

By: ^
#4  by: Knowmystuff   

Good luck with that!

By: Knowmystuff
#5  by: Lmao   

Yeah ladies! Why not join the group that got kicked out for pushing a member down the stairs and forced binge drinking??

By: Lmao
by: 🙄Jan 10, 2023 10:33:42 PM

Where do I sign up for that group?

By: 🙄
#6  by: question   

how is TS recruiting this spring?

By: question
by: risky businessJan 11, 2023 11:36:07 AM

Members that got kicked out are pretend "recruiting" for their pretend sorority. If you want a legit sorority experience for college and life then join a legit sorority. If you want to hang around embarrassed, bitter ex-sorority girls who just want some more girls to haze, then by all means proceed. If the school catches them/you there will be serious consequences because the admin is not tolerating an unrecognized group, and they have the backing/insistance of legit Theta alums.

By: risky business
#7  by: yikes on bikes   

me when I'm delusional.

By: yikes on bikes
#8  by: TS xox   

Ella Potter joined TS

By: TS xox
by: JK SimmonsJan 11, 2023 9:26:01 PM

This is a forum used for SMU Greek Life Discussion. Post your Harry Potter fan fiction somewhere else.

By: JK Simmons

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.