facebook

please help a girl out

by: I <3 SMU

I dropped during recruitment & am thinking about going through again next year. Does anyone know if sophomore quota is calculated the same as freshman quota? --> (# of soph PNMs divided by # of houses)

I realize some sororities have different policies & may not adhere to panhellenic suggestions on # to invite back.

I'm curious about how the SMU Panhellenic determines quota.

THANK YOU to anyone who takes the time to help me understand this.

Posted By: I <3 SMU
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ?   

You again?

By: ?
#2  by: sophs   

If you make it to pref, freshman or not, then you are on the bid list somewhere and are getting a bid. There are no cuts after pref. However, before that there are no guarantees, because, while there is a recommended number to invite back each round, separated by freshmen and upperclassmen, the sororities don't have to invite back the whole recommended number. Those numbers are maximum limits, not required minimums. Quotas are determined separately by fresh and upper, but are only set AFTER pref and are determined by the number of pnm's SIGNING CARDS divided by the number of houses, and they have NOTHING to do with what happens in the rounds before that as far as how many can be, or are, invited back.

By: sophs
by: I <3 SMUJan 19, 2022 9:47:32 AM

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain this!

By: I <3 SMU

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.