facebook

What to do before school starts?

by: Pls help

So I have honestly been putting off getting my recommendations done, since rush isn’t until spring semester I didn’t think it’d be a big deal. But I saw someone say to get the packets in before school starts?! I’m freaking out... do I need to do that?? Is there anything else I need to get done ASAP that I’m not aware of?

Posted By: Pls help
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: TRUE Reality   

EXCELLENT ACCURATE POST
- worth repeating....

Sorority 1-3 PCs are packed with legacies. Over 90%.
Sorority 4-6 PCs are loaded with legacies. Over 85%.

The remaining 5-15% sorority 1-6 PC members are from Big Chapter contributors, Famous Families and Star Athletes. The remaining 3-5% are student leaders or proven academic scholars.

The Average Non-Legacy PNM will be corralled into sororities 7-8. Panhellenic and the university will use numerous pressure tactics. The WORST is the university tuition and housing full refund deadline BEFORE recruitment results are announced. Then the university 50% refund deadline kicks-in just days after the results are announced. Leaving the Newly Shocked GDI no time to pack and enroll in another university for the Spring semester. "Trapped" for an expensive $50 grand Spring semester. Just as Panhellenic and the university designed it.

Then...the COB illusion. Newly shocked GDIs are encouraged to participate in COB, where Sororities 7 & 8 are the ONLY remaining options available.

Only 360 PNMs accepting bids from sororities 1-6 will experience the legendary SMU Greek life experience. An additional 60 will accept bids from 7 & 8, leaving on average 300 newly shocked GDIs each Spring semester.

RELEASE the "Spring 2020 Legacy Disclosure Report" for the past 3 years by October 1st, 2020. Everyone is aware of Panhellenic's coverup attempts. You are NOT going to defraud the 2021 Spring PNMs with your PREDETERMINED LEGACY PC RECRUITMENT.

If this report is available in the Panhellenic Office, DISCLOSE the Spring 2020 results and for the past 3 years. SPILL the results on a GR Post. Most PNMs are too intimidated by Panhellenic to request this report. They are concerned they would be labeled as a trouble maker by Panhellenic.

By: TRUE Reality
by: MustangsAug 4, 2020 7:02:35 PM

"You are NOT going to defraud the 2021 Spring PNMs with your PREDETERMINED LEGACY PC RECRUITMENT."

Yes we are.

By: Mustangs
by: Stop!Aug 5, 2020 7:53:44 AM

Please STOP ruining these threads. Nobody asked and nobody cares. Your ridiculous information had absolutely nothing to do with the question at hand. Can someone please answer the question the poster asked?!

By: Stop!
by: BeachmomAug 7, 2020 2:57:43 PM

My daughter was a legacy at one of the “top” so called houses. She got cut after round 2. She got a bid at another “top” 3 house. She is where she belongs. She knew no one before school started. It is possible to get a bid without being a legacy or SMU connections. Many girls got cut because of their low fall GPA. I believe every house has something to offer. I think ranking houses serves no purpose.

By: Beachmom
#2  by: Chill   

Don't worry. I legit rushed with only a rec for 1 house. I had friends who had multiple recs to every house on campus and sent "packets". It didn't make any difference lol. I was asked back to houses that they got cut from where I knew NOBODY, and some of them ended up in houses I was cut from even tho I knew lots of actives!

You really can't control or predict rush. I'm so tired of ppl trying to get pnms super stressed about rush or pressuring them into spending tons of extra time and money on something that is supposed to be fun and exciting.

Have fun, get to know actives, and do well in classes. Don't let ppl on this site or other pnms (who also haven't gone through the process) try to stress you out.

By: Chill
#3  by: rush   

Get them done and send them in so you can be on the radar at houses now. Rush starts the moment you step foot on campus. If they already have a rec on you and they meet you on campus somehow, it gives you a head start. A rec won't ever get you a bid, but it shows that you are interested and give enough of a damn about that house to make the effort. Get them in!

By: rush

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.