facebook

don’t worry

by: Pnm

As a freshmen who will be rushing, I just want to let the sororitys know that no one actually believes the person you call”troll”. We realize that it is one bitter person not getting into a sororiety of her choice and she is taking it out on the whole process. My friends from similar schools are reporting the same process and SMU handles their rushing process no different then anyone else. I am excited to hopefully be a part of the Greek system at SMU and so are all the other girls I have spoken too these last few months.

Posted By: Pnm
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Pony   

Bump for truth

By: Pony
#2  by: The truth   

Actually, the information she/ or your troll has requested would be quite helpful to me and my fellow freshmen. If a sorority regularly takes a majority of legacies for their PC, I would rather spend more time getting to know other sororities.

Being a non-legacy, I must spend my time and effort wisely. Having the information on each sorority from the precious year would allow me to focus on those sororities I have the best chance of getting a bid. I do not want to fall into the trap that over 200 PMNs fell into last year and dropped out of recruitment to escape being corralled into sororities 6-8.

By: The truth
by: WowAug 20, 2018 8:37:00 PM

You are no freshman LMAO. You promised us all that you withdrew yourself from SMU right after rush last year to try to get a better house at another school more worthy of you. Your constant posting on here with your severely repetitive vocabulary indicates some kind of disorder. Go get yourself into therapy for it. Not getting into a sorority is the least of your worries.

By: Wow
by: Strong MessageAug 20, 2018 10:44:03 PM

Yes, I used past posts wording. Mainly because I believe in what they said.

I am very concerned about going through a "terribly long recruitment" that pans into the second semester. I learned from these posts the final results of recruitment occur after the 10% refund deadline for tuition and housing. Then as stated in earlier posts, a short 3 days later the 50% refund deadline kicks in. This vicious timeline captured over 200 PNMs last Spring year from dropping out of Spring semester. Very suspicious..

I read and agree with the disclosure requests mentioned above. The response posts from Panhellenic have been immature, evasive and troubling to read.

I would suggest to comply with her disclosure requests. It would help the incoming freshmen class and resolve her many issues with Panhellenic.

Possible Panhellenic President of Class 2022

By: Strong Message
by: sad for youAug 20, 2018 10:55:14 PM

Oh honey you need some help...

By: sad for you
by: this is sadAug 21, 2018 2:01:48 PM

You're transparent, OCD, and in some major denial. You really do need some help so you can move past this. I do hope you get it.

By: this is sad
#3  by: Choice is ours   

Chapters 6-8 are full of amazing women. I am one of them. And no one is corralled into any sorority. We invite you or we don’t.

By: Choice is ours
#4  by: list   

Here is a list of National Panhellenic Conference sororities that have (for various reasons) closed at SMU:

Alpha Delta Pi
Alpha Omicron Pi
Delta Zeta
Kappa Delta
Phi Mu
Phi Sigma Sigma
Sigma Delta Tau
Zeta Tau Alpha

The fact is that "6-8" (whatever that is) are still active sororities at SMU. Given the list above, this fact alone says volumes more that the disgruntled person who apparently did not get the bid she wanted. Every sorority at SMU is good.

By: list
#5  by: ugh   

the troll obviously has a serious problem. she is pretending to be multiple people on a greek life message board site, and from the way she posts, she seemingly has nothing else to do with her time.

By: ugh
#6  by: Well   

As a freshmen, I can promise you we will be rushing. Please don’t think we take this very sick woman seriously.

By: Well
#7  by: greek geek   

"Being a non-legacy, I must spend my time and effort wisely. Having the information on each sorority from the precious year would allow me to focus on those sororities I have the best chance of getting a bid."

Recruitment is a mutual selection process. All chapters have legacies participating but those PNMs must receive a vote to pledge, it is not a guarantee for them. Whether you are a legacy or not, you should have an open mind and be forging relationships with all 8 chapters because... again, legacy or not, you don't know where you will be invited back. It is like a job interview. Sell yourself. They are looking for women who will be a good fit and be an asset to the group. It needs to be a good match for both sides.

By: greek geek

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.