facebook

gtfo while you still can

by: ActiveinGreekLife

Greek life at southern miss is a miserable excuse for anything greek. Sororities have "Sisterhood" but thats just because they have to force it. Every house is the exact same. It doesnt matter which sorority you choose you get the exact same experience. That is mostly because every Fraternity is absolutely terrible. The biggest party on campus will have no more then 500 people at any time and of course upd shuts it down at 12. There can be no amplified music after 8 pm. so forget anything outside. They have informal rush which just adds to the misery. The biggest pledge class is less than 30. If you compare the size of ole miss or state with Southern proportionally the smallest pledge class should be mid 40s. IFC does nothing at southern but make it harder to function. Every pool was filled in by campus. Anything you can imagine that would remotely be fun has rules against it. The only reason greek life is still at southern is because all of the alumni that put money into it the school were greek. Now enrollment, greek life, athletics, academics, and everything college are dying here so save yourself the trouble and remain independent until you go to a school with a greek life that supports what the individual chapter creeds preach.I have made brothers here, but i am a member of a club not a fraternity.

Posted By: ActiveinGreekLife
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: ^^^   

must be a kappa sig

By: ^^^
by: Southern's eliteDec 11, 2014 10:36:49 AM

what's sad is he's right. I'm in a "top tier" fraternity and everything about this school is a joke. Greek life is piss poor here. I wish i could reaffiliate to state or ole miss.

By: Southern's elite
by: anonJan 13, 2015 9:56:25 PM

USM is a smaller school than State and Ole Miss. Of course the greek life is going to be smaller.

By: anon

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.