facebook

what is rushing really like at southern miss?

by: UM girl

How competitive is it, how many girls do each house take, etc?

Posted By: UM girl
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: greekgirl   

Recruitment at Southern Miss is very laid back compared to bigger universities. The sororities are more focused on helping you find your forever home than they are competing with each other. They really do try to make you as comfortable as possible. As far as how many girls they take, it just depends. Roughly 30-40 is the average amount.

By: greekgirl
#2  by: Sally   

Not competitive. Not expensive. Really not the equivalent of SEC Greek life. Everyone gets a bid

By: Sally
by: Much happierSep 20, 2018 11:28:56 AM

...and everyone is much happier with Greek Life at Southern as opposed to the throat-cutting SEC schools! It way more laid back here, a "kinder" system and a way better experience! Big permanent damage is done to some young PNM's going through recruitment at those bigger schools! Very back-stabbing!

By: Much happier
#3  by: Red   

Um excuse me but not everyone gets a bid . I had so much to offer but they did not like me because I am feminist and liberal. Quite honest,y I was too good for Greek life anyway.

By: Red
by: Really red?Feb 13, 2018 3:39:09 PM

Your still trolling this site red? You didn’t get a bid because well of your comment. No one wants a screaming liberal in there face. Trust me the row already has enough.

By: Really red?
#4  by: STR   

KD and Chi O are competitive but everyone else is happy to meet quota so it's not hard at all to get a bid and all chapters are great

By: STR
by: Huh?Sep 7, 2018 8:20:52 PM

Change that to KD and DDD - not Chi O! KD and DDD are by far the hardest to get into. Chi O is happy to make quota these days.

By: Huh?
by: All goodSep 14, 2018 12:11:25 PM

DDD, KD and Chi O are the top three everyone wants to be in. They have to cut most people because most people want these sororities.

By: All good
#5  by: Happy   

Most Greeks at Southern Miss are happy and well-adjusted as compared to Mississippi State and Ole Miss which are the drama capitals of the south! However, I think Alabama has the worst reputation of being the most cut-throat place in the country! Many students actually commit suicide there which is terrible. It is not worth it! Come on, just go somewhere you feel accepted, laid back and happy for heaven's sake!! Quit comparing each other and ranking!!! Get real!

By: Happy

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.