facebook

panhellenic spirit?

by: New Gator!

Hey, I'm going to be going to SFSU in the Fall and can't wait to go through sorority rush! I was wondering, do sororities really have events with each other or do they only hang out with their own group? Like, if I join ABC sorority, will I only be able to hang out with ABC girls or will there be events with XYZ sorority too? My friend is in a sorority at UCSB and said they have "Panhellenic sister events" or something like that, do you guys do that at SFSU?

Thanks and can't wait to be a gator in the Fall!

Posted By: New Gator!
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Joke   

TBH, SFSU's whole greek system is a joke. School is too small, seems like a college, and NO greek row. UC's greek life should not be compared to what they have there. It's a whole diff thing trust me

By: Joke
by: :)Jul 15, 2014 11:10:45 PM

Somebody's a bitter GDI who didn't get a bid... :)
Anyway, OP, it's true we don't have houses but if anything that makes it easier for sorority members to hang out with each other! Like, living in the dorms, my roommates and I all joined different sororities (a mix of locals and a national) and we're all still super close! But I wouldn't have known them as well if we all moved into sorority houses after getting our bids.

By: :)
#2  by: Lexi   

Greek life at SFSU is very small, however, it is what you make it. It is a great way to meet people and make friends and it can be really fun! We have a bunch of sisterhood events and socials with other sororities and fraternities.There are three national sororities (Alpha Phi, Alpha Gamma Delta & Phi Sigma Sigma) and many local sororities as well. I would say rush! All of the girls are really friendly and welcoming and after rush, if you decide that greek life at SF State is not something you want to be a part of, you don't have to do it!

By: Lexi
#3  by: agphi   

theres a great chance if you're in one sorority, you'll be best friends with someone else is another. we may be small, but we're close

By: agphi
#4  by: xxx   

Greek life at SFSU is amazing because it is an addition to your life in SF, not your entire life. I am an alum AGD who lived with 2 A Phis for an entire year and also have friends in Phi sig. Although I love my AGD girls and they are my sisters, I spend a lot of my time with friends that have nothing to do with greek life. All of the sororites get along big picture, during recruitment there is often a bit of drama but thats just because every sorority believes they are the best and are passionate about meeting amazing new women, as they should! Deffinately rush, it made my experience in San Francisco so amazing, and I honestly owe all of my friends to being a part of AGD, even the ones who are not Alpha Gams.

By: xxx

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.