facebook

why

by: nolove

There are a lot of really awesome women in Greek life at Dayton, however, I'm extremely confused as to why so many girls are cut all together from recruitment, and so early at that. If you want your Greek life to grow and get as much as you can out of it, you would realize you're doing it all wrong. This is exactly why Greek life gets such a bad rep. Show a little love and recruit more girls! I don't think UD should have such a bad Greek rep, but from what I've heard about recruitment this year, most totally undermined the point of sororities.

Posted By: nolove
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: TSM   

It's not that hard to get asked back. All you have to do is smile and be nice. People don't get asked back for a reason, sorry.

By: TSM
#2  by: Sorry   

It's called quota, and it's a rule :(

By: Sorry
#3  by: Sorry!   

Sororities had a quota this year of only being allowed to take 44 girls. I think they all would've taken 70+ if allowed!

By: Sorry!
#4  by: Rc   

There's a reason why many Catholic schools don't have Greek life: exclusivity .

By: Rc
#5  by: my opinion   

I agree with the OP. Why not make quota higher to include everybody or add on new sororities?

By: my opinion
#6  by: Dayglo   

Quota is actually 100%. The system is designed to place everyone who stays in the process and doesn't drop out . So if 100 girls go thru each group gets 17. If 1000 girls go thru each group gets 170. Most first day cuts are made due to GPA. Nationals set minimums that the chapters can't override.

By: Dayglo
#7  by: gra   

probably because you were weird. All you have to do is smile and hold a convo.

By: gra

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.