facebook

what is fraternity formal rush like?

by: Coug

What is formal recruitment like for fraternities? Are the odds good that you will end up with a bid on sunday? Or is it common to have none?

Posted By: Coug
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: crimson   

you basically tour every house on greek row and talk to members for about 15-30 mins per house.

then later on during the week you choose certain houses that you're interested in and they do the same for the pnm's

Pretty much everyone will get a bid as long as you put effort into it. its not hard getting bids from certain houses, while others are more selective

good luck

By: crimson
#2  by: Lol   

It is just as common for good recruits to slip through the cracks and receive no bid (overlooked for fratstars) as it is for bad recruits to slip through and get a bod (fratstars)

By: Lol
by: Greek!Aug 4, 2014 2:56:42 PM

This starting to become common in our Greek system sadly. :\

the death of Greek life is upon us! :(

By: Greek!
by: LolAug 4, 2014 3:00:04 PM

Also sad to see so many drop when they find out what being a Greek member really means (if the chapter even knows...)

By: Lol
by: broAug 4, 2014 5:58:57 PM

I know a hand full of guys that dropped during recruitment after the tours last year in august, because many thought it was a big let down or lame. From my tour group of guys in recruitment close to half dropped from my group. Most of these young men where really smart and nice guys. But no they were the ignored or pushed to side just because they weren't from the west side of the state or werent "fratstar" quality that most guys from PC 13 were. We know how that went. Most of my best brothers in fraternity were older members, a little more balanced. When they graduate I might just drop my frat depding on this years PC being good or bad.

One thing is for certain, When pnms are the ones judging the frats instead of trying to impress or try to stand out as a good PNM it means the respect of our Greek system is going downhill on campus.

By: bro
by: .Aug 4, 2014 7:02:04 PM

the west side aspect is not as major as frats looking for the "stars." What I find funny is how recruitment is barley about Greek life talk (questions) but more about sharing stories or having casual conversations.

By: .

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.