facebook

sorority expansion??

by: GoRams!

So I heard a rumor that KD was coming in 2014, and other sororities were gonna follow in the coming years. Is that still going on? KD didn't come this year so does that mean no new sororities are coming at all? Just curious so thankssss

Posted By: GoRams!
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: re:   

Expansion happened a bit ago with groups really close together and several additional groups were selected to follow in a stacked expansion process. It was originally one group a semester but the demand for more groups wasn't keeping pace with the expansion schedule so everyone got pushed back. Still, it was close together with AOII in 2008, AEPhi in 2009, Zeta in 2011, and Alpha Xi in 2012.

Technically, I believe, Alpha Delta Pi is scheduled first, then Kappa Delta, then Gamma Phi Beta, then Phi Sigma Sigma. But no one has any idea when any of that is gonna happen. Wish we could get some kind of update.

By: re:
by: re:Dec 10, 2014 11:22:31 PM

ETA: Gamma Phi Beta and Phi Sigma Sigma might be switched in that order, and the groups are still scheduled to expand when there is need. None of the groups have pulled out that I know of, but if their turn comes and they are busy with other expansion efforts, they may pull out then or postpone and switch with another group.

By: re:

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.