facebook

a

by: flowerchild

What are this years pledge classes like? Not trying to start drama, just curious!

Posted By: flowerchild
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Honestly    

After the fall pledge classes......

Tri delt
Phi Mu
DZ
ADPI
chi o
KD
AOPI
AXO
DG
SK
KKG
ZTA
PI PHI

By: Honestly
by: Nope!Jan 9, 2015 4:45:46 PM

Swap DZ and Phi Mu and ZTA and SK.

By: Nope!
by: No,Jan 9, 2015 4:59:01 PM

Put PhiMu below ADPI on this list. They did not recruit that well this fall.

By: No,
by: NoJan 9, 2015 10:50:58 PM

Phi mu is not that high .....

By: No
by: NOJan 9, 2015 11:56:08 PM

ADPI and CHI O are NOT that high. They are middle at best. KD didn't recruit well either, put them below AXO

By: NO
#2  by: yawn...   

i don't think the op was asking for another meaningless ranking.

By: yawn...
#3  by: Comment   

As a grad student who is still involved, I have watched some houses blossom while others have fizzled a bit. I pledged in 2008, and this is what I have noticed.

PhiMu: PhiMu was just gaining popularity when I went through rush. They have continued to be a sought after house. The girls are gorgeous. They took a slight hit this year because some of the other houses have gained popularity.

KD: This was another house who was just gaining popularity. Like PhiMu, they have continued to recruit well. They are beautiful and fun. This year's pledge class was not their best, however, and I think they are experiencing some heavy competition from other houses.

TriDelt: A top house then, and a top house now. Always great recruiters, they get great pledge classes year after year. They are gorgeous, fun, and guys LOVE them!!!

DZ: Probably the biggest surprise...this house has transformed from mediocre to amazing. They have proven themselves the last three years, getting top notch pledge classes and have quickly risen in popularity. They have a diverse group with their own sense of style. Guys love them because of their laid back style.

DG: another surprise. I see them on the rise as well. They were small and not well known on campus. In the last few years, they have recruited better and really have some great girls. Their Anchor Splash is the best philanthropy event on campus!!

By: Comment
#4  by: Comment   

AXO: They are also on the rise. They have gotten better pledge classes the last couple of years, and I see them a a group who will continue to grow in popularity. They are a diverse group and recruit fun girls.

KKG: When I went through, they were actually one of the more popular houses on campus. Some of the girls, however, tarnished their reputation and the newer members are paying the price. They have gotten some great girls, so hopefully they can turn the house around.

Chio: They were a top house when I went through. Their popularity fizzled because many of the legacies they have taken over the years have not been stellar members.

ADPI: They were also a top house, but like CHIO, too many legacies have hurt them. They recruited better this year, so hopefully they are one their way back up.

ZTA: They were average when I went through and are really about the same. I am not sure why they don't recruit better because they have a lot of amazing, fun girls!

PiPhi: They are another house who is full of great girls but have trouble with recruitment. I LOVE these girls!

SK: They are better than they were and hopefully will be even better in the future.

AOPI: They were really strong when I was on campus and still a popular house. They aren't quite as popular as they once were, but still a great house!

By: Comment
#5  by: Fact    

On this website you will only see the top houses being bashed like KD, DZ and phi mu, ddd. These are the hardest to get into. Girls not in those top sororities can be bitter which is where you get negative comments - they are all great sororities Good luck

By: Fact
by: 00999Jan 17, 2015 10:38:40 PM

They're not hard to get into at all. DZ had a spring rush this year. It just depends on the personality of the person. If you're awkward and shy yeah its gonna be hard to get into any sorority. If you're yourself you'll be placed accordingly.

By: 00999
by: EverybodyJan 17, 2015 11:47:02 PM

had spring rush this year. Girls join and drop every house due to grades, money, and time. There's not a house at UT that didn't have pledges drop, so everyone had a few spaces for spring pledges, even the competitive houses like TriDelt, PhiMu, and DZ. I heard KD had quite a few members drop this year.

By: Everybody
by: LolJan 18, 2015 4:02:53 PM

Calling out DZ for a spring rush.... EVERYBODY had to do spring rush this year...........????? Stop

By: Lol
by: DZJan 23, 2015 6:21:41 PM

Took 15 girls!!!

By: DZ
by: DZJan 23, 2015 6:25:24 PM

Took 15 girls!!!

By: DZ
by: ^^^Jan 23, 2015 8:45:21 PM

What's wrong with that? Before recruitment they were the second largest chapter on campus. They just wanted more girls. I don't understand why it's bad to add girls to your sisterhood......

By: ^^^
#6  by: No   

Not everyone did spring rush

By: No
by: ....Jan 21, 2015 11:01:52 PM

Every house had a table at the Greek expo. It was required. Whether a house chose to be stupid enough to pass up amazing girls to share their sisterhood with, that's up to them. Every chapter was over quota so you can't say houses only took members to meet quota either

By: ....
by: PanJan 22, 2015 9:39:58 AM

Not every house was under total so those houses were unable to participate in spring recruitment even though they had a table set up at the expo. Only houses that had the space could recruit pnms. Calling other houses stupid for passing on girls? When In fact they couldn't give out any bids because they were full.

By: Pan
by: ALLJan 22, 2015 1:22:47 PM

houses had girls drop in fall, so ALL houses could have taken pledges...that is the TRUTH!

By: ALL
by: wrongJan 22, 2015 2:43:25 PM

I know not everyone did spring rush. That is not a positive or negative reflection on any sorority. Some had space due to graduation, some may have had members drop out. At the end of the day, who cares?

By: wrong
by: ....Jan 22, 2015 6:08:24 PM

You realize there is no "member limit" and if there was NO house would be above it or at it. Girls constantly graduate or need to drop for many reasons. DZ and Sigma Kappa are the 2 largest sororities on campus and they both took spring girls.

By: ....
by: TruthJan 22, 2015 8:16:24 PM

Yes girls drop and graduate but a house is not allowed to take girls if they are still above total and houses under total are allowed to pick up girls in the spring. Recruitment rules are set in place to keep the houses similar in size, therefore not allowing any house to become supersized and other houses to become too small. It's a great system and keeps pan healthy.

By: Truth
by: LOLJan 22, 2015 11:31:47 PM

"Keeps pan healthy".......
And no chapter was over total to the point they could not take any girls .........

By: LOL
by: LOLJan 23, 2015 10:57:44 AM

ALL the houses were eligible...some chose not to participate. Nobody is "butt" hurt, but calling out a liar is all the poster did. Some houses want to appear they could not do rush when in actuality they could, that's all. Some houses only took like 6 or 7, and some have a big pledge class. Some houses didn't want to bother...speaks volumes about them...ha!

By: LOL
#7  by: Truth   

Every house could have taken girls and stating otherwise is just a lie. Every house lost girls since fall which is normal. Many find it too time consuming. Some find it too expensive. Bottom line is every house could have taken girls. Some houses chose not to, but it's not because they were "full."

By: Truth
by: YesJan 23, 2015 8:37:37 AM

Exactly!

By: Yes
by: RealityJan 23, 2015 9:27:04 AM

^^^^^That's not true. Houses WAY under total got to do full out spring rush because they lost a lot of girls and needed to build up membership. I don't know why that makes some posters angry. Lucky for those houses there is a spring rush or they would start to struggle and not be able to compete against houses whose membership hasnt fluctuated. And it can vary year to year which house has a higher drop rate. So quit acting so butt hurt your house did spring rush... It helped you. Houses that could take only 1 or 2 girls aren't going to participate in SR. Why would they?

By: Reality
by: To RealityJan 23, 2015 11:56:56 AM

Why not???? Every house could have take at least 6...truth!!!

By: To Reality
by: To RealityJan 23, 2015 5:12:13 PM

Every house could have taken pledges. It was a choice not to participate. EVERY house had the space to have a small pledge class at least. Some house took big classes, but even the so called popular houses had room for a handful.

By: To Reality
#8  by: .   

Many of the girls that were offered bids during spring rush were girls who already had some strong connection to the house. And before I get jumped on by someone telling my "i know for a fact that isn't true" please remember I said "many". I don't pretend to know the inner workings of all the houses on campus but the girls I know that were offered bids were girls that already had ties to the house...girls that were already on "their radar."

By: .
by: TrueJan 24, 2015 9:42:49 AM

I guess what is irritating is that some houses belittle others for taking pledges when EVERY house at UT could have taken a handful. Certain houses want to make it seem that they are better than others because they took no pledges, when realistically EVERY house could have. It was their choice not to take any, but they had room because not a house in PAN didn't have anybody drop fall semester.

By: True
by: Stop lying trollJan 24, 2015 11:13:09 AM

Quit saying all houses could have taken a handful of girls for spring recruitment because that is not tru at all. Obviously the poster feels insecure that her house participated in spring recruitment and others didn't. Get over it! And constantly saying on GR that the houses that didn't take girls act like they are better than the houses that did take girls is so not true! That's just how you feel and its your worry, no one else's. So quit spewing your meaness towards houses that aren't yours. In fact it's non of your concern what other houses did mainly because you don't know what they did. Houses can give bids to girls without going through an announced program and that's what they do if they only have a few spaces available. So YOU don't know at all what other houses have done. So stop your whining, spring recruitment is a good thing.

By: Stop lying troll
by: IJan 24, 2015 3:27:35 PM

don't think anyone is whining. The poster was just stating a true fact that EVERY house in PAN had room to give bids. I personally think it's a shame that some houses didn't because they felt some negative stigma attached to it. Kudos to all the houses that took spring pledges. Congrats to all the girls who are pledging :)!

By: I
#9  by: I   

don't know why anyone would see spring pledges as a negative! Some of the "top" houses took spring pledges. It all depends how many each house has graduating and how many freshman dropped, which is also typical due to time, grades, money. Some houses want to appear over selective and bash those who took pledges, but all houses had space in reality.

By: I
#10  by: Okay,   

We honestly know everyone could have taken at least a handful of pledges, be real. With that being said, which houses didn't take any?

By: Okay,

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.