facebook

fraternities and gpa

by: Wondering

I know the higher the better, but for guys rushing, do most fraternities require GPAs to be as high as the sororities do when deciding on who gets bids? Thanks

Posted By: Wondering
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: yeah   

Yeah and the IFC GPA is being raised to 2.7 from 2.3. A lot of guys could be in trouble.

By: yeah
#2  by: Wondering   

Thanks for the info. Is that a 2.7 to rush or a 2.7 to initiate? I'm okay, but you're right -- could be a problem for some.

By: Wondering
#3  by: Sorry   

Never mind my last question. Saw the article in the Beacon.

By: Sorry
by: GBOApr 29, 2013 10:22:15 AM

Wanna know a fun fact? The guy who pushed to raise the minimum fraternity GPA doesn't have a 2.7!

By: GBO
by: LDMay 20, 2013 10:13:07 AM

UT admits with a 2.7 GPA? Wow! Consider that first.

By: LD
#4  by: Yeah   

I saw the article in the Beacon, too, but that's for the fraternity's overall GPA, right? Is there a minimum for someone to sign up for rush and hopefully get a bid? I'm a current student thinking about rushing this fall. GPA's decent but took a hit this spring after a C- in a chem class.

By: Yeah
#5  by: @UTFrat   

You're obviously not in a good fraternity!

By: @UTFrat
#6  by: Hey LD   

You the same smart A posting about GPA in other SEC groups? Might change your wording around some so it's not so obvious.

Back to others, tho. Say a current student is rushing. Brothers like him and want to give him a bid, but his college GPA is like a 2.6 or 2.7. Is he screwed?

By: Hey LD

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.