facebook

gpa requirement?

by: USF2017

When you are an incoming freshman rushing, is your high school weighted or unweighted GPA looked at? Does your high school GPA have a lot of influence on sororities decisions during rush?

Posted By: USF2017
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Other Resources   

I really have no idea what the person above me is trying to say, but I would suggest checking with real sources like the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life, so they can give you more accurate information. Because yes chapters will be looking at your most recent GPA, whether that is high school or college. While it isn't a perfect indicator of college performance it still gives them an idea of your work ethic and whether academics are a priority to you. Yes, some chapter wait until your grades are in to initiate, while others don't but that really has nothing to do with recruitment which is what your question was asking. Basically all chapters have some version of probation, so obviously if you fail all your classes your first semester you'll probably find yourself on that. I would just check more reliable sources, like usfpanhellenic.com :)

By: Other Resources
#2  by: Pan.   

Uh yeah, first person is correct.

By: Pan.
#3  by: Leon   

Since first semester students don't have a GPA yet, there is no requirement for GPA.
As long as your fall semester GPA is higher than 2.75 (if I'm not mistaken), then you'll be fine.

By: Leon
#4  by: sometimes   

check the recruitment booklet for each individual chapter's gpa requirements when it comes out. I know some chapters ignore the requirement while others use gpa to narrow it down the first day. It just depends on the organization and how much they value scholarship.

By: sometimes
#5  by: hiii   

i really don't know what sorority everybody here is in but my sorority absolute requires your high school GPA. i know it's a big factor for us especially on the first day but i guess it depends on the organization... I am pretty sure you're allowed to use your weighted. Don't be discouraged to go through recruitment because of your GPA every house has different requirements and it seems that some of them are more lenient than others!! :)

By: hiii

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.