facebook

spring rush?

by: M

Does anyone know which sororities are open for spring recruitment? I've been asking girls I know but hasn't gotten solid answers.

Posted By: M
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: spring   

most houses will not know until mid to late November whether they will be taking a spring pledge class as it depends on how many girls graduate/go early alum. As of now Sigma Delta Tau is the only house that will for sure be open, but I would expect at least 3 more houses at least. Usually Chi O, Tri delt, TPA, and AEPhi have room for at least three new members in the spring. I would also expect DZ to be open just due to their low fall pledge class numbers. Again, nothing will be certain until later on in the semester. And just because a house usually takes a spring class does not mean they will this year. Good luck, and don't worry too much about this right now.

By: spring
by: newbyDec 15, 2014 1:07:38 PM

is spring recruitment competitive

By: newby
#2  by: pitt   

Pretty much every house had to go over their cap to take fall pledge classes so I honestly don't think any will be open except SDT

By: pitt
#3  by: a   

apdi will be

By: a
by: YeahnoNov 20, 2014 9:54:40 PM

No they won't be

By: Yeahno
by: aNov 23, 2014 9:40:31 AM

lol yes they will

By: a
by: noNov 24, 2014 2:16:32 PM

LOL no they won't

By: no
#4  by: Panhel   

At least half the houses will be open due to graduating seniors and seniors that decide to go early alum. Most houses try to open up at least 3 to 7 spots in order to keep new members coming in. It's so much more fun for the sororities when they get new members every semester instead of only the fall. I expect adpi, sdt, tridelt, tpa, dphie, and AEPhi to be recruiting in the spring. Kkg and KD almost never do spring recruitment so I would not count on those houses being open

By: Panhel
#5  by: adpi   

ADPi is 100% doing spring recruitment for any PNMs who are interested.

By: adpi
by: newbyDec 15, 2014 12:57:51 PM

i am is it really competitive because i don't know what to expect

By: newby
by: SpringrushDec 15, 2014 11:29:34 PM

Spring recruitment is a little more competitive than the fall bc the houses only have a certain number of spots to fill whereas in the fall the pledge class size is determined by the number of people rushing and everyone is guarunteed a bid. Spring rush has no guarunteed bid. Sdt is a bit less competitive than the rest of the sororities, but in general about half the pnms receive a bid

By: Springrush
#6  by: pitt   

dphie is definitely not having a spring recruitment

By: pitt
#7  by: knowledge   

SDT is not the only house open

By: knowledge
#8  by: Honest   

Most houses try to make sure they have room for a spring pledge class. All the sororities are great. Go to meet the greeks jan 20th and you can find out honest info instead of listenin to anonymous ppl

By: Honest
#9  by: Pan   

I agree with "Honest". Most of my friends in other sororities have told me that their house tries to add at least 3 new members in the spring bc it is more exciting when new girls come in during both the fall and spring.
But that being said none of the sororities will tell the pnms how many new members they are taking so try to go to all of the events of the houses you like to maximize your chance of getting in. Most houses wont give out more than seven bids

By: Pan
#10  by: Yeh   

ADpi tri sig KKG sdt AEPhi dz

By: Yeh
by: Really?Jan 8, 2015 5:44:41 PM

Kkg almost never does spring recruitment. Im surprised

By: Really?
by: LolJan 13, 2015 9:53:36 PM

Half of kkgs fall class dropped so they had to do spring receuitment

By: Lol
by: NoJan 15, 2015 4:00:47 AM

Kkg isn't doing recruitment and only 1 girl dropped out of the entire pledge class...please get your facts straight.

By: No

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.