facebook

to those considering rushing

by: Warning

Run. Run as far away as you can. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THE PITT GREEK SYSTEM. It's a sinking ship, don't get involved. The Pitt Greek system will most likely be gone in a couple of years anyway. But seriously, there's some messed up stuff happening in the Greek world right now. People are losing houses and charters left and right. Stay as far away as you can.

Posted By: Warning
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Gtfo   

This is messed up. Greek life at Pitt raises so much money for all different types of philanthropies, rushing for a fraternity or sorority is not just about the parties. I encourage anyone to rush.

By: Gtfo
by: spiderApr 9, 2013 9:58:27 PM

"Raises so much money"? What, we were only 5 years late on our donation to UPMC, right?
Just being honest. We can't hide behind the charade of being "philanthropic organizations" forever. People notice when we don't come through.

By: spider
#2  by: spider   

A bit blunt but I can't say I disagree

#3  by: Man   

Why are you on here spider if you obviously hate Greek life here at Pitt and have posted negative comments on almost every sorority? And I'm sure you made this question too. Have you looked at each fraternity and sorority's individual philanthropy and seen the money raised there? What about for CFF?

By: Man
by: spiderApr 10, 2013 12:50:28 PM

I can see why you think it is me, but believe it or not this was someone else. I'm also curious who. And I don't hate Greek life. I just think there's room for improvement. Eliminate the hazing, start taking rituals more seriously, keep your secrets, remember why you joined your houses in the first place. As an alum of a Pitt Greek organization it makes me sad to see what they have all come to.

by: ManApr 11, 2013 7:44:17 PM

you're an alum and should be supporting Greek life but putting down every single house is pathetic. Go be sad about the Greek system elsewhere if you dislike it, or how about go voice your opinion to those that are in the houses that make you sad. Sorry you're better than everyone else

By: Man
#4  by: Panther   

lol talk about histrionics, jesus

By: Panther
#5  by: Uh no..   

Pitt greek system is only expanding and becoming greater! We already have 4 more fraternities lined up to start colonizing... one coming this fall! Get excited and GO GREEK

By: Uh no..
#6  by: spider   

Well, this is interesting...I haven't written half of the things that "spider" has said. Not saying you aren't all free to use the name, please, go for it. Don't think I'm full of it--there are more people frustrated with the Greek community than you seem to think.

#7  by: Brody   

Pitt Greek Life is quite honestly the best community Pitt has to offer. If you want to have an eventful and entertainment filled college experience you will join. Don't listen to all of these geeds and "Alumni", we'll be here for awhile.

As the great William Shakespeare once said:
"Win or lose, we still booze"

Frat on good sirs...frat on.

By: Brody

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.