facebook

i don't think i'll ever get the hype...

by: Why?

As a student at the University of Virginia, I will never honestly understand our rankings of fraternities. It feels like, from personal experiences at date functions, mixers, and any other interactions with sororities on Grounds, that our discernment of girl's Greek Life is at least relatively accurate; however, I've honestly never had that much fun at places commonly considered "top tier" on most fraternity rankings. I know rankings are often biased and ridiculous, but I still don't get why a majority of people throw overhyped (at least to me) brotherhoods like The Hall, KA, or Zete in as top choices. It feels like people have turned a blind eye towards the fact that pledge classes are different every year and fraternities do move up and down. Contrary to what the pseudo "top" fraternities want you to believe, our tiers are anything but solidified: Pledge classes from places considered at the "bottom" (DU) reached as many as 25 guys this year, while other places commonly at the "top" got less than 10 (Zete). It's honestly pretty disheartening to see the abuse that some fraternities take on here. You don't have to get along, but you definitely shouldn't be so close-minded about the system and its members as a whole. Fraternity rankings aren't about how much wealth nationals or the particular chapter has accumulated in its banks, or about the house's distance from mad bowl, it's about how much fun you've had spending time with the people that call themselves Brothers.

Posted By: Why?
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Very true   

The hate is peoples desperation to maintain status quo

By: Very true
by: yaaaaaaFeb 16, 2015 9:25:02 AM

beta parties get pretty cray

By: yaaaaaa
#2  by: sure   

nice try delta sig

By: sure
by: HaFeb 16, 2015 4:31:00 AM

wrong, but nice try.

By: Ha
by: @sureFeb 16, 2015 5:48:10 AM

I wouldn't be stupid enough to actually put my fraternity on here. Supposing I'm even a member of one.

By: @sure

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.