facebook

rush

by: Curious

Do sororities not accept many second years during formal recruitment? I thought I had some really great convos with some girls but didn't get invited back

Posted By: Curious
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: Woohoo   

Uva sororities will absolutely drop you joust because you are a second year.....it sucks.

By: Woohoo
by: TruthJan 17, 2015 8:33:52 PM

Is this true, can Greeks give their opinions on this?

By: Truth
by: sorority girlJan 19, 2015 11:38:00 PM

yep i can attest to this! my chapter was told we were not allowed to take second years this year and we had some AMAZING 2nd year girls & we were floored. some of us are as upset about it as you guys :/ i'm really sorry this happened to you

By: sorority girl
#2  by: Nope   

This year they dropped almost all rushing second years. It's all about the money

By: Nope
by: Time is goodJan 19, 2015 2:32:14 PM

The worst part is that second years are overlooked but I think second years are better choices because they have had time to get to know the reps of the different houses and are making more genuine decisons. To bad more houses don't realize this fact

By: Time is good
#3  by: transfer   

is this true for second years who just transferred? i'm a first year right now and i plan on transferring to uva next year. i really want to rush but now i'm kind of worried :(

By: transfer
#4  by: current transfer   

transferred here in the fall as a second year. you can get into one but it may not be your top choice. i got into one and am happy but some of my other transfer friends seem upset. love the school though!

By: current transfer
by: transferJan 20, 2015 11:01:56 PM

thank you for the info! do you know which sororities did informal recruitment in the fall? also, do you think letters of recommendation would help a transfer student during formal recruitment?

By: transfer
#5  by: itk   

Nope, will not help. Most do not really weigh recommendations or consider them. Do not bother.

By: itk

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.