facebook

sophomore transfers

by: me

how common is it for each sorority to take sophomore transfer students?

Posted By: me
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 1
#1  by: well...   

Are you talking transferring into a sorority you're already a member of, or are you talking about rushing as a second year?

By: well...
#2  by: anon   

unless their nationals tells them they can't, most sororities would strongly consider taking you. the only thing you should be aware of is that a sorority is more likely to take a first year over a second year if they like both girls equally.. i.e. you have to try harder to stand out.

By: anon
#3  by: hi   

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-ZpHr5l0U0 LoL kidding.. kinda. there are a few that probs wont take you if you dont have a bestie or good friend in it. but keep in mind that is a select few (usually theta, kkg, pi phi, ddd, i think) but the MAJORITY of them will definitely take you if you seem nice/fun/ excited to join a greek organization!

By: hi
by: .Dec 10, 2013 8:40:49 PM

Transferring from chapter to chapter:
KKG took a girl transferring from Georgia's KKG a couple of years ago.
If you're transferring from another chapter, even the most weirdly excluding houses will look bad not taking you.

Transferring and rushing as a pnm:
If you're a pnm as a second year, you're going to have some rush troubles. Lots of houses will drop you simply because you are a second year, and it's going to suck. I watched ALL of the second years in my rush group last year, including a couple of decently high profile girls, get dropped, first round, from every house but tri-sig and sig delt and occasionally a couple of random other sororities. Most of them then dropped rush entirely.

By: .
by: adviceDec 11, 2013 12:32:20 AM

with that said, i'd still recommend you try. rush is a great way to make friends and meet new people. i didn't join the greek system (no bids from the houses i wanted), but i did meet some really cool people i normally would not have during rush, and a couple of them became really good friends.

By: advice
#4  by: 2ndyr   

I rushed as a second year, and it was so much better than I would have imagined. I ended up accepting a bid from a sorority that isn't bottom tier by any means. Here's what my friends and I experienced as second years...

Cut you right away unless you have connections: DDD, PBP, AP
Won't cut you right away but probably won't give you a bid: KAT, KKG, DG
Take a lot of second years (>three): SSS, GPB, ADP, DZ, AXO, SDT
Take a few second years (1-2 good ones): KD, SK, ZTA, XO

By: 2ndyr
by: likeagphiDec 11, 2013 7:21:28 PM

During Spring 2013 we (Gamma Phi) only took one 2nd year. You've pretty much got to have been consistently going to date functions with sisters (so that everyone knows you) to be considered in your 2nd year unless you stand out phenomenally. It's not that we're trying to be mean, we kind of just want families to line up so that bigs and littles aren't the same age and you blend well with your pledge class or something? I can't imagine other comparable sororities are too different.

Fall rush is a different deal, though. We took 6 2nd years in the Fall, and so did ZTA and DZ, I think? Chi O took a few more and ADPhi took more and tri-sig took 5? I'm not exactly sure, but the reason sororities take 2nd years in the fall is that they can mesh well with the Spring pc that is full of also-2nd-years.

By: likeagphi
by: fallDec 13, 2013 12:08:29 PM

ZTA took 12 girls in informal. ADPi took 5. DZ, AXO, and GPB took 6. No idea how SSS did.

By: fall
#5  by: harpo   

if you are rushing as a pnm...you missed out on fall rush, where it's a bit easier for transfers/second years to get a bid. spring rush you'll be up against first years, and unless you really stand out in a good way, your chances are slim to none pretty much anywhere (except SSS).

By: harpo

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.