facebook

conservative vs liberal

by: PNM

Could anyone tell me which houses tend more conservative and which ones more liberal? This might sound like a silly question but I am very steadfast in my life views and do not get along at all with the liberal mentality. I've grown up in a military home and we are patriotic and believe in personal responsibility and that political correctness and the shutting down of free speech is a cancer. I understand KU is a "liberal" college but I know there are also a lot of conservatives. I know frats tend to be more conservative but can someone give me a take on the sororities?

Posted By: PNM
Post Reply Report
Page 1 of 2
#1  by: Oh..   

Oh honey.... maybe you should consider joining ROTC instead of a sorority.

By: Oh..
#2  by: Honk for hemp   

On the weekends There is a guy that stands on the corner of mass and 9th holding a "honk for hemp" sign.

By: Honk for hemp
#3  by: Shut up   

The fact that you even care about this is so immature. News flash honey people are going to have different opinions than you, and if it matters that much to you that you are looking for a sorority that is only conservative, then you're obviously not at the mental capacity to even be discussing such topics. Grow up and do yourself (and everyone else) a favor and stop sounding like an idiot. Have fun being in a bottom house with that attitude.

By: Shut up
by: wowMay 2, 2017 10:12:16 AM

Why is it immature to want to connect with those who have similar views? She didn't say she is looking for a sorority that is only conservative she is asking what sorority has some conservatives.. Attacking her mental capacity and calling her an idiot it a typical liberal tactic. You insulted her at least five times in your comment. You think only bottom houses have conservatives? Tell me, what house are you in? Sounds like a good house to avoid at all costs if they have such narrow minded angry hateful people such as yourself.

By: wow
by: typical May 3, 2017 12:00:57 AM

So you attack this person because she has different values than you? That's mighty tolerant of you.

By: typical
by: rile Feb 26, 2024 12:03:17 AM

hey the bottom houses don’t want her either!!!!

By: rile
#4  by: @lib vs con   

I read your comment and in my mind had a response but before I even had a chance to type it out I read the other comments and it confirmed 100% what I was thinking. Each house has conservatives but it's hard to find them because the liberals are so much louder and do not think twice about attacking the conservatives, so most are silent. Just like what is happening in the real world right now the liberals are attacking the conservatives, so free speech is definitely being attacked at this time. See how the comments above attacked you? It's kind of like that. There are certainly conservatives in all the houses but they are bullied into being silent so it will be hard to answer this question.

By: @lib vs con
by: ThetaFeb 27, 2024 1:27:25 AM

Theta and not liberal. Still smart thank you very much!!
Ps- If this question was reversed no one would blink at where can I be liberal comments.

By: Theta
#5  by: ^^   

OP triggered some liberal snowflakes

By: ^^
#6  by: yourmom   

If you haven't figured it out from the comments and the likes, the general majority of the greek system is conservative. Chi O and Theta might be a little more liberal because they tend to do better in school(and those who achieve higher levels of education tend to be more liberal), but other than that you should be fine.

By: yourmom
by: trident24Mar 2, 2024 6:56:46 PM

Liberals do better in school? Are you trying to be funny? Liberals might get more useless degrees, correct! But anyone with half a brain who understands economics would not be "liberal".

By: trident24
#7  by: Done   

This is the worst thread on this site yet. Whether you're conservative or liberal, if you can't get along with another person solely based off of their political views then you are the reason there is so much hatred. Let's all grow up and respect each others opinions, even if you don't agree with them.

By: Done
by: talk about safe spacesMay 3, 2017 12:10:09 AM

I actually meant to upvote yours. The fact liberals are attacking this person for a simple question is alarming. Of course she wants to be with people who are going to accept her and not attack her. The way the world is today it seems conservatives are being attacked by liberals on a daily basis. Liberals demand "safe spaces" but I see a bigger need for conservatives to have a safe space from being attacked by the left. What if this person asked which sororities were left leaning and conservatives attacked her and called her an idiot and a number of other names? It's a lot of hypocrisy. Being called a child, told to go somewhere else besides KU, immature, low mental capacity, an idiot, go find a bottom house, all these outright attacks and you liberals call yourselves the tolerant ones? I have never read so much hatred. I guess KU is only tolerant towards those they agree with politically.

This is incredibly alarming and scary

By: talk about safe spaces
#8  by: OP   

Yea wow I didn't know the liberals at KU were so hateful. I hope none of you vile girls end up in the same house as me.

By: OP
by: grammar knows no partyMay 5, 2017 6:45:47 PM

same house as "I".

By: grammar knows no party
by: lolMay 5, 2017 8:32:37 PM

In this sentence the use of "me' is perfectly acceptable. Find something better to do, maybe riot or spray people with mace? Burn some books, shout down free speech? Anything besides correcting people's grammar on Greek Rank would be cool.

By: lol
#9  by: KU   

im more on the conservative side but let me tell you, LAWRENCE IS THE MOST LIBERAL PLACE IN KANSAS. However, thats not really a concern in sorority life!!

By: KU
#10  by: #20   

Are all conservatives, narcissists? I can’t believe the comments on this thread, as if they can’t even see the insults in this question! Then they attack the people who are understandably offended by this narcissistic question. Just wow!! What are “conservatives” conserving anyway??

By: #20
by: UmFeb 13, 2024 2:36:18 PM

Their bank accounts and interolance obvi

By: Um

Before you type:  Remember, do not post names, initials, or any derogatory content.

Nickname:
POPULAR ON GREEKRANK

Didn't find your school?Request for your school to be featured on GreekRank.